No announcement yet.

2019 LBJ Grassland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That ravine was steep man, I don't think much would have made it easier other than another human. I do have a deer cart and it definitely helps on flatter ground!

Comment

I saw someone had a blind setup 5 yards off the road the other day lol, I mean some people are ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations on the deer!

Comment

Congrats on the doe. I'm too old to be dragging deer around. I would've had to quarter her and pack out the parts. Glad you were able to get her out and hope you heal fast.

If not, I'm willing to hunt your spot so it doesn't get cold. I try to do my part and give back when I can ')

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
            Congrats on the doe. I'm too old to be dragging deer around. I would've had to quarter her and pack out the parts. Glad you were able to get her out and hope you heal fast.

If not, I'm willing to hunt your spot so it doesn't get cold. I try to do my part and give back when I can ')
            Looking back, quartering is what I should have done and what I'll do next time, if I'm ever in the same situation.

Comment

Out this morning testing my luck!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on the doe Troy.

Quartering was one of the reasons I bought my first freighter frame-pack (when I was a young man and before game carts were thought about). And I kept it handy in my vehicle. Used my day pack to hunt with though. If you get one, make sure the frame fits your body. They come in different sizes despite all the adjustments one may have.

Comment

Young'un and I tried to drag a hog out of big lake bottoms this year. Mind you, he's six 0 and about 225. We got exactly 15 yards. Ended up quartering it. I had thought we would hang it at the check-in and cut it up there so I only brought one knife and no sharpener. Learned a lesson. He chastised me for leaving a hind quarter in the field. I got to say I deserved it and was pretty proud of him. Either that hog was heavier than he looked or we're just wimps.

Comment

Originally posted by xZachTheRipper8 View Post
                    Out this morning testing my luck!

Did you see anything?

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                      Did you see anything?
                      Maaaan, I had a spike sneak in and walk right by me

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
                        I saw someone had a blind setup 5 yards off the road the other day lol, I mean some people are ridiculous

I don't know man. I have a spot at LBJ that is literally 20 yards off the road and about 100 yards from the parking lot. I can see my white truck when I'm in the tree.

I've seen more deer from that spot than any other on LBJ.

I've seen does move through within 10 minutes of another hunter slamming his truck door and walking in.

It's crazy.

I've got a camera on the spot and got at least 6 different bucks on that thing at different times of the day back in '17.

You just never know.

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                          Not a good picture but got a doe down yesterday evening. Was from the same tree I shot my doe out of last year. Got out of work about 2 pm, drove up, setup about 4 pm, deer started moving right at 6 pm. Doe walked past me headed to acorns once but no shot. Came back by at 30 yards. Double lung, ran about 80 yards and took a dive down a deep ravine. It took an act of God to drag her out of there...

I sprained my wrist about 2 months ago and aggravated it again last night trying to haul her up. I camped out last night and planned to hunt this morning but I can hard hold my arm up. Hopefully I can rest it and be back out there next weekend.

The cold front definitely had the deer on their feet. Saw 2 other does out of range, saw lots of deer crossing roads and in bar ditch as I was driving back home this morning.
                          Nice job man. That must have been a battle!

Comment

Originally posted by drycreek View Post
                            I don't know man. I have a spot at LBJ that is literally 20 yards off the road and about 100 yards from the parking lot. I can see my white truck when I'm in the tree.

I've seen more deer from that spot than any other on LBJ.

I've seen does move through within 10 minutes of another hunter slamming his truck door and walking in.

It's crazy.

I've got a camera on the spot and got at least 6 different bucks on that thing at different times of the day back in '17.

You just never know.
                            I understand that, im talking about around the middle of the area and it was right beside the one road that goes up by the open area that has that ridge view, the person parked nearly on the road and had the blind 10 feet from it basically saying HEY LOOK AT ME....zero stealth and you could see the blind from 10 miles out lol...most of the trails have hot spots but this person nearly blocked the road and had the blind literally right off the road inside the park...

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
                              I understand that, im talking about around the middle of the area and it was right beside the one road that goes up by the open area that has that ridge view, the person parked nearly on the road and had the blind 10 feet from it basically saying HEY LOOK AT ME....zero stealth and you could see the blind from 10 miles out lol...most of the trails have hot spots but this person nearly blocked the road and had the blind literally right off the road inside the park...

Mustavbeen subterfuge. Or just a moron.

Comment

Can we post video links on here from our iPhone's camera roll or just pictures?

Comment

Working...
                                X