This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MossyRockRanch View Post
    Any idea when the new Pulsar Thermion XM30 3.5-14x 320x240 will be out ?
    At this point...who knows. It's been delayed and we really just don't know anything. My Pulsar rep is leaving this week to go to the factory in Belarus and hopefully he'll have some updates when he gets back. As for now, we're in a holding pattern.

For those that don't know, back several weeks ago, Pulsar announced the Thermion XM30 will no longer have a focus-able objective lens, it will be fixed focus only. This is a big disappointment because it will definitely effect the image quality to some degree but we aren't sure how much. At this point there are still no prototypes or demo units so we know nothing about what the image quality is going to look like. For $2799, I really think it should have a focus-able objective lens, even if they had to remove other features like video recording. But I might be presently surprised when we finally get them?

I know this sounds silly but I stand by this.....I will not be surprised if the XM30 shows up next week. I will equally not be surprised if it doensn't show up until January 2020. I also won't be shocked at this point if it's discontinued and is never made. We really just don't know and I've been down this road long enough to know we can't make anything but wild crystal ball predictions.

Comment

Thanks for the update ......

Comment

Anyone do the firmware update on their axion yet?

Comment

I did, but I didn’t see much difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by hkmp5s View Post
            Anyone do the firmware update on their axion yet?
            I did mine this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
              I know this sounds silly but I stand by this.....I will not be surprised if the XM30 shows up next week. I will equally not be surprised if it doensn't show up until January 2020. I also won't be shocked at this point if it's discontinued and is never made. We really just don't know and I've been down this road long enough to know we can't make anything but wild crystal ball predictions.
              Looks like you nailed it, seeing people talking about it being discontinued on FB thermal/NV pages.

Comment

Question for you experts - on my trail xq38, if I calibrate it while looking at say a tree line, i end up with a ghosted image of said tree line in the scope. pointing to the sky eliminates this of course, but it is a pain. What am i doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                  Question for you experts - on my trail xq38, if I calibrate it while looking at say a tree line, i end up with a ghosted image of said tree line in the scope. pointing to the sky eliminates this of course, but it is a pain. What am i doing wrong?
                  It has 3 calibration modes. Which one are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                    It has 3 calibration modes. Which one are you using?

Manual. Happened on auto as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm leaning hard towards the wraith and will more than likely get one. I see it has settings for 5 different guns. Is there anything that would prevent you from setting it up for the same gun but multiple yardages? Say 20 yds (for in the bow ground blind), 100 yds for standard deer stand and 200 yds for whenever? Almost like pins on your bow. I know there are reticles with different lines for different drops/distances but this seems like it might be easier to set when you get in the stand as I like the "chevron" vs cross hairs, etc. Anyone done this? Also, can you set it for different reticles for "different guns" or is that a separate setting that would need to be done every time? I could see using the chevron for 20 yds and a cross hair reticle for the 200 yds in my scenario. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
                        I'm leaning hard towards the wraith and will more than likely get one. I see it has settings for 5 different guns. Is there anything that would prevent you from setting it up for the same gun but multiple yardages? Say 20 yds (for in the bow ground blind), 100 yds for standard deer stand and 200 yds for whenever? Almost like pins on your bow. I know there are reticles with different lines for different drops/distances but this seems like it might be easier to set when you get in the stand as I like the "chevron" vs cross hairs, etc. Anyone done this? Also, can you set it for different reticles for "different guns" or is that a separate setting that would need to be done every time? I could see using the chevron for 20 yds and a cross hair reticle for the 200 yds in my scenario. Thanks.
                        I have a Wraith.

You could use different profiles for different yardages. I haven't tried that.
                        The scope has a BDC reticle.

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

Originally posted by MDemel View Post
                          Ill be following closely, looking to upgrade from my ATN X-Sight II
                          Do you like Gen 3 with higher definition? If you have a good budget, I would recommend the ATN PVS14-3 Gen 3 night vision mono device and have a high performance configuration for military use. In hunting, it can replace many other gadgets to a certain extent, which is very convenient.

Comment

Those with Axions or Thermions I strongly suggest you do the update. Literally took less than a minute to download it and apply it. Image quality through the eye pieces is a little better but the video quality of the recordings is significantly better IMO. I did a before an after and if anyone would like to see it send me a PM with your email and I will send you a link for the videos.

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
                              Looks like you nailed it, seeing people talking about it being discontinued on FB thermal/NV pages.
                              Yep we broke the news on The Late Night Vision Show podast last week. The XM30 is officially dead.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x8gqcPLD-Q"]Ep. #75 | Pulsar Thermion XM30 Breaking News! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                                First thing is to put the scope back in Automatic mode and see if it does this ghosting very often. If it's once night, no big deal. If it's repeatedly doing it, you have a defective scope and it needs to be returned to Pulsar for warranty work assuming you bought it new, from a dealer. The shutter is not closing all the way or not closing in time for the calibration to happen and thus you get that ghosted image. I see this happen randomly on a lot of scopes but it shouldn't be happening all the time.

As for manual mode, I'm going to explain how this works and then I'll explain how you can test the problem above using manual mode. So we know what automatic is, it does all the NUCing or calibration for you automatically. Manual requires that you not only press the button to NUC the scope but you HAVE to close the lens cap before you NUC it. If you don't, you'll end up with the ghosted image you're talking about.

Semi-auto (or Automatic) is where you want to be because on Semi, you just press the button and you don't have to close the lens cap, the shutter is closed automatically.

So back to manual, this is the way you can test the shutter problem mentioned above. If you put the scope in manual mode, close the lens cap and NUC you can't have a ghosted image because the scope is seeing nothing but the inside of the lens cap. If everything works in manual with the lens cap closed but it doesn't work right in Semi or Automatic, you have a defective scope.

Short of testing or having a defective scope there is no real reason to run a Pulsar in manual mode. It's a pain in the rear and does exactly what Semi does but with the annoying extra step of having to close the lens cap.

Good luck!

Jason

Comment

Working...
                                X