Clear All

Sounds like the sorriest HF place in TX

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
      Sounds like the sorriest HF place in TX
      It was!

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
        Some of ya’ll need to take a chill pill.....worse than a bunch of Facebook baseball moms.

My stand is full of beer cans....but it’s my stand. My camper is messy as hell inside too but ...yep....you guessed. It’s my camper. You don’t like it, stay out of my stand and my camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I think they are talking about community stands that are shared between hunters. Sounds like someone got their feelings hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
          I think they are talking about community stands that are shared between hunters. Sounds like someone got their feelings hurt.
          Lol! I thought the same thing[emoji23]

When I read the title of the thread,I immediately thought about this guy I worked with,about 10-12yrs ago.
          I hunted the same place outside of Eola for 20 yrs.The landowner was a farmer/rancher.The only reason he leased me his section of land was to kill deer.He hated them with a passion.I was the only paid hunter,so I took who I wanted to.There was very little pressure around the place back then,and the deer were thick.
          A guy at work wanted to shoot 3 deer.He was gonna keep 2,and process one for his sister.Cool,I needed to kill at least 15 that year.I picked him up,and we headed out..The camp house was in good shape.Water heater,shower,it was a legit 2 bedroom frame house.
          Day 1 eve: Steve..If you need a shower,it's good to go.Everything's in there.Towels,soap,shampoo..Nah I'm good.
          Day 2 morn,and eve..Same speech,same answer
          Day 3 morn,and eve..Same speech,same answer.
          Day 4 we hunted that morning.I showered as usual before I went to the tree stand.He was rifle hunting,and got to the house before I did.He had some stuff packed,and looked pretty much ready to go..I said did you shower bud? Nah,I'm good.I said look.If you're gonna ride 5 hours in the cab of my truck,you're dirty *** is gonna have to take a **** shower! He complied thank god.He was a big old bastage[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yours or not, no excuse for being a slob. Says a lot about a person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

So each hunter on our place has a minimum of two stands set up some have a few more. I have 4 Atascosa Wildlife corporate blinds set up. We all share blinds/community blind system. The thing that gets me the most and really pizzes me off is people who do not close the windows to the blind when they are done hunting. Owls will trash a blind in a heart beat when the windows are left open. I have put signs on the door to each of my blinds. "Hey DUMBASS close the windows before you leave"

Comment

Originally posted by TCR² View Post
                Your story was left on a cliffhanger.....who ended up cleaning the mess?
                LOL. I ended up going hunting the next weekend and cleaned it up immediately upon getting there at midnight on a Friday night. If I remember correctly, I took gloves, clorox, a bucket, a mop and a spatula. It ended up cleaning up pretty quick but still ridiculous. I thought long and hard about using that spatula again when it was my turn to cook breakfast (for my BIL's eggs only)....

The rest of the season was pretty tense. I basically went to the stand, ate, and went to my room to avoid being in the same room or area as my BIL. No consequences whatsoever for him. He finally came out one night towards the end of the season as I was cooking my dad and myself some steaks and we had it out verbally. I let him know how I felt about not only that but everything else that had been going on the previous 19 yrs. Since then it has actually been a little better (not 50/50 but definitely better) as he has helped a lot more and contributed.

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
                  LOL. I ended up going hunting the next weekend and cleaned it up immediately upon getting there at midnight on a Friday night. If I remember correctly, I took gloves, clorox, a bucket, a mop and a spatula. It ended up cleaning up pretty quick but still ridiculous. I thought long and hard about using that spatula again when it was my turn to cook breakfast (for my BIL's eggs only)....

The rest of the season was pretty tense. I basically went to the stand, ate, and went to my room to avoid being in the same room or area as my BIL. No consequences whatsoever for him. He finally came out one night towards the end of the season as I was cooking my dad and myself some steaks and we had it out verbally. I let him know how I felt about not only that but everything else that had been going on the previous 19 yrs. Since then it has actually been a little better (not 50/50 but definitely better) as he has helped a lot more and contributed.
                  So he’s been a **** for 19 years? I can’t stand people like that.

Comment

I have one(s) that like to drink when they hunt but were big on leaving their cans and bottles in the stand. I finally had enough and said if I ever scare off a deer kicking a can I'll put padlocks on every stand I built (every bow stand on the place) and they won't be community. The cans and bottles got picked up pretty quick.

Also:

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=670214
                    This sounds like a place I was on recently. Really never know a person until you share a lease with someone.

Originally posted by lodgepole View Post
                    Yours or not, no excuse for being a slob. Says a lot about a person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    This is so true

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
                      So he’s been a **** for 19 years? I can’t stand people like that.
                      I guess it depends on your definition. The crappy situation was definitely a **** move. Outside of hunting (at home, family functions, etc.) he is a good guy and we get along. He treats my sister and nieces well, etc. At the ranch he is or at least was either lazy or not present when it was work time but there when it was hunt time. The past year since the "blow up" it has been a lot better. Not perfect but a lot better.

Comment

I guess it depends on your definition. The crappy situation was definitely a **** move. Outside of hunting (at home, family functions, etc.) he is a good guy and we get along. He treats my sister and nieces well, etc. At the ranch he is or at least was either lazy or not present when it was work time but there when it was hunt time. The past year since the "blow up" it has been a lot better. Not perfect but a lot better.
                        Ok that clears it up. As far as not showing up at the ranch to put in work but is ready to hunt opening day that annoys me lol.

Comment

I used to leave my mess alone too.
                          Then i hit puberty.
                          Since then i have promptly cleaned up any mess i make asap if i can't do it simultaneously.

Also- personal hygiene is important y'all. Hell, I even climbed out of a drainage and drove down a mountain back to town after 4 days to take an airbnb shower.
                          Wind is wind but potent smells carry more.

Comment

Imagine how much better off hunting would be without D Bs like that...

Comment

You wanna see slobs go hunt or fish public. Food wrappers, beer cans, feed sacks, spent shells, you name it, it'll be on the ground. Trashing your own stuff is one thing, but don't screw a place up for everyone else.

Comment

Agree with this ^^^

Comment

Working...
                                X