X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jerp---- put some weight on that thing, or it'll
    bounce over a lot of stuff........

Comment

Any neighbors close that can come with a tractor and disc it good for you?

Comment

You are good to go with that Tarter disc. That thing is stout and will do a great job. The two gangs of disc blades are adjustable and will really bite into the soil. You don't need weight on that thing, it's plenty heavy. Keep your 4whlr in low gear and 4wd. I pull mine with a Honda fourtrax. Don't try to disc it all in one pass. I would make 2 or 3 passes. Another great feature is you can adjust the depth of cutting with the ratchet on top. Go halfway on first pass with gangs angled less, then all the way down and gangs set at most aggressive angle on subsequent passes. You definitely want to mow first before discing. No need to spray. If planting larger seed like wheat I would lightly disc over with height adjustment set so that discs are only in soil a few inches. If doing small seed like clover don't disc over the seed as it will get them too deep. Just go over it with cultipacker and the discs raised. Good luck and have fun.

Comment

Working...
        X