Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BradyH View Post
    This is what you need for the bugs.

"Permethrin is a pesticide that you spray on clothing to kill black flies, ticks, and mosquitoes but has no harmful side effects on humans if used properly. It is the active ingredient used in Insect Shield and Buzz Off clothing and kills bugs when they land on your clothing. You can buy Permethrin Spray in liquid form and spray it on your own clothes to the same effect. This self-applied form lasts for 4-6 washings. Permethrin was developed by the U.S. military to protect soldiers from insects in the jungle."
    Permethrin is a pesticide that you spray on clothing to kill black flies, ticks, and mosquitoes but has no harmful side effects on humans.

Stuff works, but you have to do it DAYS before use to dry and become sent free. Lasts a few weeks if not washed. Used it last year after I got chigger bites one hunt. No problems after that.
    This. You can get a gallon of Permethrin in a spray bottle for $35 from amazon which will last you for multiple seasons. I treat everything that i have that is fabric. Boots, pants, shirts, hats, bag, etc. Army has published some long term studies on it as well if you have concerns about skin contact since they treat all their BDUs with it. Short answer is as long as you let it dry first you are good, but make sure you don't get it on you when wet or inhale when spraying.
    Last edited by icon6669; 09-30-2019, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Hey guys and gals! I work with Freedom Powersports in Fort Worth and starting this month, to gear up for hunting season, we are running some specials! If you have a UTV or 4 wheeler that needs any work we are running a $150 dollars off on FULL SERVICE. We are offering free multi point inspections and tire pressure checks, and $75 for Puncture Seal installed. As for parts and accessories, with the purchase of a winch, you can get the winch plate FREE! Free tire sealant with the purchase of a wheel kit, AND a FREE SHOT GUN with the purchase of a Probox Top! If you have any other service repair work that needs to be done and you come speak to me, I am offering 10% off the parts and labor! Give me a call at (817) 244-5201 or feel free to PM me! Thanks!

Comment

Took a shot at a decent 8 point last night, but missed high. Hoping to see him back out there tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
          I wouldn't post that pic on the WWW, bad juju for the antis. Guy/gals need to know how to shoot, unacceptable.

Pics like that need to be shown for reminders for folks to always take a shot you can make or practice or inside of your comfort zone..it’s ugly but it’s the cold honest truth

Some folks don’t care though, just shoot and if they hit something they’ll look for 30 minutes then go home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Im headed out there this evening....super pumped to get out in the woods, didn't think I would have a place to hunt earlier this year but its nice just to have a place to explore and getting a doe or decent buck would be the icing on the cake

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
              Im headed out there this evening....super pumped to get out in the woods, didn't think I would have a place to hunt earlier this year but its nice just to have a place to explore and getting a doe or decent buck would be the icing on the cake
              Man I wish I could get out during the week. I get off work too late to make it worth the trip. But hopefully I can make some overnight trips up there soon! Supposed to race my dirtbike Sunday but I kinda wanna go sit lol

Comment

Enjoy getting your feet wet in the public land game!

Comment

Is there a parking area or just park anywhere? I just drove past the no target shooting sign

Comment

Is there a parking area or just park anywhere? I just drove past the no target shooting sign

There is usually a gate, depending on the unit. And you can park by it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by xZachTheRipper8 View Post
                      There is usually a gate, depending on the unit. And you can park by it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I just parked on the side of the road where it looked like folks park there before , like I said I’m a newb to this place

Comment

I just parked on the side of the road where it looked like folks park there before , like I said I’m a newb to this place

Fair enough. what unit are you hunting?

Comment

6 it looks like

Comment

6 it looks like

I was actually just looking at those units on my maps earlier lol I wanted to go check them out.

Comment

Make sure you don't block any gates because farmers run cattle on some units and need access to feed.

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                                Make sure you don't block any gates because farmers run cattle on some units and need access to feed.

Not only that, but the ranger(s) might leave a little paper gift (citation) on where to mail your money on you windshield.

Comment

Working...
                                X