Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck on find

Comment

Best of Luck, waiting for any updates. On a side note, amazing how many perfect hunters are on here....
      Good Vibes

Comment

good luck on the recovery

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I would have done exactly what you did. Small property doesn't give a ton of options. Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bowmanranchetx View Post
            Man that leave me over night works for the Midwest not in Texas. My farm someone shoot a good deer I will do my part to find them if it requires a morning search it happens but a dog and thermal will be deployed before I go to bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Going to be in the 90’s tomorrow on opening day here in Indiana.

Comment

You did the right thing. At my old place I put one slight high but angling down at the lungs into a buck. Probably entered in the void but got at least 1 lung partially on the way down and through. I had pretty decent blood, but my buck also ran in the direction of the fenceline. I just couldn't help myself and after waiting 45 minutes, I slowly walked where I knew he had run. Jumped him up, and though he was clearly dizzy, he ran and jumped the fence and disappeared into neighbor's bottoms, never to be seen again by anyone.

I knew it was a bad idea, I second guessed myself, and exactly what you were fearing would happen to you happened to me.

Good luck. You made the right call regardless of outcome.

Comment

Well I’ve found the arrow with decent blood and about 8” of penetration. Didn’t break off it came out intact. Found one area of blood on a trail another 20 yards away but it’s so dang thick in here it’s hard to find anything. Calling a tracking dog in now

Comment

Hope you find him. I lost a deer yesterday so I feel your pain.

Comment

good luck, hope you find him.

Comment

good luck. In for the recovery

Comment

Sounds like a plan. A good dog will find him. Keep us updated.

Comment

In....good luck on the recovery.

Comment

I've made the exact same shot and done the exact same thing but didn't know about tracking dogs. My deer showed back up 2 weeks later with a swollen shoulder and limping but he made it. I continued to see him for the rest of the season but never close enough to shoot him. He was almost completely healed by January.

I'm sure the dog will find him quite alive.

Comment

Best of luck on recovery. That dog should put you on him pretty quick.

Comment

Good luck with the dog man!

Comment

Working...
                                X