No announcement yet.

Opening Weekend not Open?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decided to go but will not be doing any bowhunting, may shoot a few birds, then I have to plow all of our food plots, about 55 acres total. Every time we wanted to plow it would rain, oh well , sitting in an air conditioned cab with the stereo on is not all bad, especially if you have a cooler of refreshments with you.

Comment

My wife made plans for us this evening. I had to gently explain, that being in the woods on the opening day of archery season, has more religious significance to me than Easter to the pope.

Comment

Me. I'll be at my boys bedside. Doesn't bother me one bit!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Too dang hot.

Comment

I'll be out there Saturday for the morning hunt. No guarantees for the afternoon hunt

Comment

I will be missing the first two weekends due to visiting Family in Alabama.....dang it, but I will get heavy with it when I return!!!

Comment

I'm missing Saturday due to a family gathering. I'll be out there Sunday running the red neck ac.

I'm all about the first 10 days of season as after they they'll start calling rutty where I hunt. As of today, there still hitting the corn daily in their summer bachelor groups.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                  There's a lot of "its too hot" talk going around. I shot the biggest buck of my life at 2 pm in a pop up in 100+ degree heat. I was down to my underwear when the buck stepped out. Its never too hot!
                  I agree! My biggest buck with a longbow was on Opening Day! Hot Hot afternoon, but he wanted to eat.

Comment

Can't make first 2 weekends, but I'm at a point where I am OK with that LOL. Seasons long and I really want some cooler weather. But, good luck to all you guys this weekend!

Comment

Good luck to all that will be out in the morning. I will be punching out about the time yalls feeders go off!!!
                      I will be looking forward for that 3rd or 4th week in Oct.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Todd View Post
                        I agree! My biggest buck with a longbow was on Opening Day! Hot Hot afternoon, but he wanted to eat.

Probably could of shot that same deer when it was cooler. [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
                          I will be in the blind with my 6yr old Saturday morning trying to get him his first deer! Super excited!

good luck ashton and h

Comment

Originally posted by Passafist View Post
                            Let’s see, I can go hunting and be hot, or stay home and my wife will find a chore for me to do and I’ll still be hot..... I’m going hunting
                            Yep!!

Comment

Originally posted by bughunter View Post
                              good luck ashton and h

Thanks Tom.. you too!

Comment

I won't be able to get out until the 4th due to work. the heat is a non-issue though. I have spent hours this summer in a pop-up or in a tree after axis. It's actually a lot cooler than it was in august. I still prefer cooler weather for hunting but the heat isn't gonna stop me.

Comment

Working...
                                X