No announcement yet.

Apple Flavored Deer Corn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have any of you thrown an apple out by your apple flavored corn. I wonder if they would eat it first.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jlambeth View Post
      Atwoods had it for $6.99 for a 40# a bag, verse $5.99 for regular corn.....Heck for a dollar more it was worth a shot
      I bet you have good results.

Comment

What ever is cheap

Comment

I'm not sure if it is better or not, but when I hunted in Burnett I fed it just because it was convenient being sold at HEB in Burnett.

I do know me and my buddy both ran it, 10 members on the lease and we were the only two feeding it. Both of us would see a lot more deer then anyone else

Comment

I use Apple scented corn and whenever I fill the feeder I pour a bag of sweet feed on the ground also.

Comment

I have used it to get deer interested in new gravity feeders with success. Same with scented protein.

Works great for hand corn also.

Comment

Well I don't know how it tastes, but it sure throws off a lot of scent.
                If your throwing hand corn, it could get something to come into it quicker.

Comment

Yeah, like BB said.

Comment

We've used it - Mumm's Apple scented corn for years with good effect. Others on our lease used regular corn and we always saw more deer than they did - shot more deer than they did as well. To me it just seems logical - the apple scented corn smells different than the non-scented corn, deer have a good sense of smell, deer like to eat sweet flavored food. We started buying it cause it was convenient - the local HEB sold it and it was about the same cost as the unscented corn. We've always found the Mumm's corn to be very clean. Currently, it sells for just under $8.00/50 lb. bag. I've found unscented corn for a dollar a bag less, but to me, we'll just stick with the Mumm's.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Indian Corn!!
                      That's what you need!!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        Shhhhh

Just ordered 5 gallons of that Mexican nilla from Amazon

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                        Just looked and there seems to be a lot of options, what's the best bulk deal going?

Comment

Originally posted by Double-O-Dave View Post
                          We've used it - Mumm's Apple scented corn for years with good effect. Others on our lease used regular corn and we always saw more deer than they did - shot more deer than they did as well. To me it just seems logical - the apple scented corn smells different than the non-scented corn, deer have a good sense of smell, deer like to eat sweet flavored food. We started buying it cause it was convenient - the local HEB sold it and it was about the same cost as the unscented corn. We've always found the Mumm's corn to be very clean. Currently, it sells for just under $8.00/50 lb. bag. I've found unscented corn for a dollar a bag less, but to me, we'll just stick with the Mumm's.

Regards,

Dave
                          Mummies apple scented was going for 5.50 a bag last time I checked

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X