Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Suburban transmission slipping -any experts here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 Suburban transmission slipping -any experts here?

My 2017 Suburban just started slipping from dead stop and jerking into gear when RPM’s get higher. Mileage is 70k. Coincidentally, I just had wife’s 2009 Tahoe transmission slipping as well, and torque converter blow up at 196k miles, but wasn’t shocked at rebuilding transmission at that mileage.

Any ideas what this might be? Would changing fluid and filter possibly fix this slipping? Hate to spend another $3500 to rebuild a transmission on a vehicle with this low mileage.

have you seen what codes it is giving you, if any? 8 speed transmission? Lots of complaints with it.

Comment

That is a typical low oil symptom. If your feeling lucky

Comment

No power train warranty?

Comment

Agree with RiverRat, isn't it under warranty? Take it in, let them fix it.

Comment

My sister in law had the same problem. They rebuilt the transmission twice and put all new wiring and tcm once, after the last fix she traded it off.

Edit: it was all under warranty but still a headache, and I do believe she was around 70-80k miles as well

Comment

The shift solenoid and torque converter failed on my 2016 truck. That was when the truck was just over 70k.

I had the transmission rebuilt a few months back. They upgraded the torque converter to a heavier duty one.

Comment

Are they seeing the same issue in the HD gassers?

Comment

Originally posted by deano70 View Post
                  Are they seeing the same issue in the HD gassers?
                  I sure hope they aren't running the same transmission on the suburban as an HD truck. That would mean either the transmission is way overbuilt for the suburban and adding to the cost, or the transmission in the HD truck is weak. Both are bad for consumers.

Comment

I have an 8 speed in my 2017 Silverado. With 25K, I absolutely hate it!

Slowing down and speeding up and slow speeds and it about gives you whip lash jerking into gears. Took it back twice to get it checked and was told that was normal for the 8-speed.

Going to trade it in next year for something with a 10-speed. Should have less problems with that one.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                      No power train warranty?
                      I would think that would fall under drive train warranty.

Comment

Working...
                      X