Aransas Refuge’ opening day results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Day Results.

Again no arrows launched in my behalf. As of 7:30 PM, 10-12-08, the numbers were extremely low.

Hey, more for the years to come. I'll have something to look forward next year!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks like the two 10's on Saturday were fairly decent sized bodied bucks...thanks for the updates on this hunt!

Comment

I recognize that snake from years past. He's still around I see...

Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I had a blast on this hunt and was able to shoot my first deer ever. My buddy is the one in that picture above and that was his first deer with a bow. I will be doing a report later. We also met up with some great guys and had just about as much fun hanging out at camp with everyone as I did hunting.

Comment

Nice pics there at the end. Thanks for the updates. Brings back good memories.

I keep dreaming of the day I will go back there to hunt.....and I get scared.

Comment

Originally posted by knarfdls View Post
              2 days left after today.
              I didn’t spot a single deer driving to and from the tripod. It was very quite at my hunting area. I did spot a raccoon running toward the tripod, but that’s all folks.

Here’s the results for those that are interested, as of 8:00PM ,10/10/08
              Sweet tripod set-up!

Comment

It was a great hunt. Really enjoy the time at camp with friends old and new. Hope all have a safe and good season be careful. See Ya All Soon. I want next year to get here already it went by to stinking fast.

Comment

cool thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Bonehead2314 View Post
                    It was a great hunt. Really enjoy the time at camp with friends old and new. Hope all have a safe and good season be careful. See Ya All Soon. I want next year to get here already it went by to stinking fast.
                    Did your son get to launch any arrows at the Refuge? How did you and JJ do?

Comment

Great updates. Thanks. Cangrats to all of the lucky hunters.

Also, that is a racoon skull.

Comment

Question

Does anyone have an idea about the short class tomorrow?
                        Class starts around noon at the visitors station and the Topics will be on how to hunt Deer and Hogs at the Refuge?

First time class? or they have it every year?

Comment

2008 Another successful hunt at Refuge for some folks.

Thanks for all the postings, pictures etc. I have not had a chance to go hunt there in a few years, but I still get ready to go every year and think about all those mosquitos and start itching. HA! Bonehead, I sent you a note on what website to look at for these pictures and I found these today, if there are others let me know. Thanks again.

Comment

My son did get to shoot at a doe sat evening but missed at fifteen yards. But dad made sure she didn't leave. Needless to say he was not happy with me. Then the following sat he hunted the evening and had a six point come out at eight yards I heard what I thought was him saying dad so I looked around the brush but only seen him sitting still looking at the trail I told him to watch. I thought well maybe I was hearing things not 10 seconds later I heard dad again so being the loving parent I am I stood up on my tripod and said what do you want he just looked my way and turned his head side to side. After the hunt was over I went to pick him up only for him to pop me in the gut and say thanks for scaring by buck dad. Then he showed me the tracks. He informed me he was not calling me but stopped the buck for a shot. The first time the buck was stopped there were limbs in the vitals area. The second time he was at full draw until I called and scared the buck. All I could say was sorry and laugh I did manage to say welcome to bowhunting as he popped me again. As far as JJ and I we managed the doe and a spike and missed 2 pigs.

Comment

Great opertunity to give something back to the Refuge.

Just got a call from the FAMI Director at the Refuge for some volunteer help putting together picnic tables for the Refuge. Work starts at 8:00am this Sat. the 22nd and lunch is provided. They are bar-b-que'ing a hog and some brisket to feed the volunteers.

RSVP with Carrol Marsh @ 361.645.8746, he needs a head count for the lunches. You'll also need to bring a 9/16" box wrench or a ratchet and socket. Work will be done indoors in the shop.

Comment

Texas Bowhunter.com,

Thank you for the admission to this forum and allowing this to be my first official post, I have been in search lately on topics dealing with the 2008 Aransas National Wildlife Refuge Bow Hunt, and this website seems to be the best on the net. I am very brand new to a bow and arrow; my set up (Hoyt) was given to me as a gift from a long time friend of mind who is an avid bowman. I have yet to let an arrow go, but I will pretty soon. Being from the coastal bend, I am familiar with the lore of the legendary ANWR yearly bow hunt; I want to dedicate the next ten months: to the preparation of learning how to shoot, sleeping with my bow and preparing for the 2009 ANWR Bow Hunt. From time to time (between work, school and family) I will be around these threads in search of tips and great stories; I will be more than happy to give real estate suggestions in exchange for bow hunting tips. Thanks again for the admission.

Comment

Working...
                                X