Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the deal with people and their dogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the deal with people and their dogs?

I went to a gun show over the weekend that was close to Austin. I don't know how many **** people were walking around with their dogs. Clogging up the isles that are crowded enough as it is. Who in the hell needs to take their dog to a gun show?

I’m a dog owner and love my dogs, but some of these people get carried away IMO.

Comment

I agree, there is no reason to take your dog everywhere you go. Such as the grocery store, or any other store. Definitely not at some crowed event. I have seen multiple dog fights that have when people who have to have a dog and take it everywhere, but really don't understand dogs, and how and why they react to certain situations. I have witnessed females who's dog winds up in a fight and then they are not able to pull their dog away from the fight. Partially too afraid partially, just not strong enough.

Anyone who takes a dog out in public, should be able to completely control that animal. If you don't have the physical ability to grab your dog and yank it off of another dog or person, you should not be in public with that animal, period. I see females way too often with dogs, they have no chance of controlling, if it goes after something or someone.

Even factoring out, the being able to fully control your dog, I really don't want your dog, in any store where I go shopping. People should have it made clear to them, their pet, is their pet, their responsibility. Not the rest of the world's pet, responsibility or problem.

I have to admit, I very seldom have problems with other peoples dogs in public. Most of the time they are very nice dogs, at least when I cross paths with them. I don't fear them. But it bothers me, that some dog could latch onto someone's kid and there is a good chance the dog owner, would not be able to pull that dog off, quickly.

One of my sisters is one of the most guilty of the whole dog problem, actually both of my sisters are. But one, of them owns a dog, that has killed two of her other dogs, she acts like it's no big deal. One of her dogs has killed two of her other dogs in her house and she acts like no big deal, just get rid of the dead dog, not do anything about the dog that has killed two of her other dogs. She would be the type to take that dog out in public, and if something happened, would act like her dog is a sweet dog that would never harm any other dog or anyone. You can bet there are many more like her taking their dogs out in public, but you really don't know which dogs those are, until something happens.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
        I went to a gun show over the weekend that was close to Austin. I don't know how many **** people were walking around with their dogs. Clogging up the isles that are crowded enough as it is. Who in the hell needs to take their dog to a gun show?
        Lord help you
        Dogs are nothing more than 10 year old humans and the fact that you don’t know that……..well, makes you a racist!

Comment

I carry my dog half the time probably, but he stays in the truck. I don’t want him under my feet in a store or bothering others.
          Attached Files

Comment

Plenty of guns around to shoot the dogs but can't really SSS

Better than a bunch of guys walking with cats on leashes.

Comment

My dog said **** you 🤣

Comment

I think much of it is people who’s dogs are cooped up in their house or apartment all day long. When they get home they feel guilty and compensate by taking them everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                  I think much of it is people who’s dogs are cooped up in their house or apartment all day long. When they get home they feel guilty and compensate by taking them everywhere

Comment

Ultrasonic dog repeller in your pocket and have a lil fun

Comment

Heck half the time peoples dogs behave better then kids . My wife takes her dog everywhere. He is a service dog.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                        Heck half the time peoples dogs behave better then kids . My wife takes her dog everywhere. He is a service dog.
                        Service dogs are fine. It's these emotional support dogs that get me. Amazing how the closer you get to Austin the more emotional support dogs you see. They are thicker than bugs on a bumper.

Comment

Unless it is a seeing eye dog or something similar it should be left at home or in the automobile. It shows a total lack of respect for other people. There are a lot of folks with pet allergies or have anxiety around dogs. Most of the dogs are better behaved than the people I still don't think they should be allowed in a place of business.

Comment

Never bothered me much...

BUT I don't think it's sanitary in restaurants and grocery stores,

and I feel bad for folks with dog allergies who have to deal with it!

Comment

Oh, you hate dogs. Racist!

Comment

Working...
                              X