Water line easment cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water line easment cost?

Anyone know what cost would be for 1/2 mile easement for a 6 inch waterline? Its rural north texas crossing 4 properties.

This is a tough question to answer. Do the properties you have to cross already have service? If not can they benefit from this line now or in the future? I've seen the price anywhere from $0 to $35K. Ask about a pro rata agreement from the water department as well.

Comment

I don't have to cross them, they are needing to cross our property.

Comment

How about someone just pay you for a water meter on the four properties? That would increase the value of your property.

Comment

Originally posted by JTCowpoke View Post
          How about someone just pay you for a water meter on the four properties? That would increase the value of your property.
          Who is on first? I'm lost. How does the neighboring meters increase his value? He may not want his value increased even if true. .

I have no idea. We gave our neighbor an electrical easement at no charge because we like them. :-). All depends on whether you like them or not.

Comment

I can tell you that the public sector will value the easement land at 50% of the appraised value, since you can still use the surface land, even though you cant build on it.
            Last edited by squirrel; 05-06-2022, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
              Who is on first? I'm lost. How does the neighboring meters increase his value? He may not want his value increased even if true. .

I have no idea. We gave our neighbor an electrical easement at no charge because we like them. :-). All depends on whether you like them or not.
              I agree that this thread is confusing.

I am under the assumption that he owns four properties that someone is wanting to run a waterline across. He is wanting to know what to charge that person.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                I can tell you that the public sector will value the easement land at 50% of the appraised value, since you can still use the surface land, even though you cant build on it.
                Good to know. We only own 1 of the 4 properties but the neighbors are in the loop.

Comment

I had a neighbor run one 1/2 mile or so on our property and told him to bury it 3' and it was fine but I wouldn't put land in easement, and didn't charge him anything.

Public water authorities will pay 40-60% of the surface value for 10'-30' easement. but it takes 4500 long 10 foot wide easement to account for 1 acre, so it won't be much $ either way.

Comment

Working...
                  X