Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Deere 333G - anyone own or operate one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Deere 333G - anyone own or operate one?

Been looking at track loaders and it's leading the way. As far as serviceability there are 5 dealers within an hr or so of my place and all will come to me and I already have and 5100e. There are other models I like better but the don't have the sane dealer network in my area.

Anyone here use a 333g? If yes how do you like it. Pros and cons. Would you get something different even if getting it serviced is more difficult?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Funny. I asked the same question about a New Holland track loader, a few hours ago. Even funnier, I am also in Wise County.

Here was my question.

Comment

Originally posted by planomustang View Post
      Funny. I asked the same question about a New Holland track loader, a few hours ago. Even funnier, I am also in Wise County.

Here was my question.

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=841030
      I'd get a Kubota from zimmer if it was for the house. It will be at the ranch in Northern Throckmorton Co. But we are all looking for new toys!

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
        I'd get a Kubota from zimmer if it was for the house. It will be at the ranch in Northern Throckmorton Co. But we are all looking for new toys!

Not for the house, but for 380 acres, that needs tons of maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by planomustang View Post
          Not for the house, but for 380 acres, that needs tons of maintenance.
          I just meant if the ctl was living/working in wise co I go with Kubota because of near by service. McMaster is a great dealer with good service too. I just don't know much about the new Holland ctl. It hasn't really come in my research. I like the Kubota 95hp though and Zimmer is a solid dealer too.

Comment

Having owned and repaired many brands of equipment for others and myself, I’d look at Caterpillar if you can go that route. I used to be very deep into John Deere everything, but am honestly disappointed with Deere in general. Maybe some of that disappointment comes from making repairs while under a great deal of pressure.

Comment

We had a Kubota MX108 tractor, that we got from Zimmer. Our dealings with Zimmer were basically good, but some parts were hard to find. That tractor self-ignited, about 8 years ago. We went with NH, after that.

Our experience with Kubota was it is a nice tractor, but it cannot withstand the beatings of a real ranch. Twice, we broke the main hydraulic line that feeds back to the reservoir, just by driving over holes, dug by bulls. You dump about 25 gallons of hydraulic oil, before you even know there is a problem, then the tractor is stuck where it is for maintenance.

Our opinion is, use Kubota for fun, use NH or JD for real work. It costs more, up front, but you have less worries in the field. Ever cut 75 acres of coastal, only to have your tractor break down, when rain is the next day?

Comment

Cat and be done with it. I would be looking at a 288 without def. I’m a Deere tractor man but Cat CTLs are just hard to beat. Either one you go with you will love it they are handy!
                Last edited by dclifton; 04-25-2022, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Own a 2021 333g and now a 2022 325g. The 333 is more machine to me than a cat ever was. Ive ran cat, kubota, bobcat, gehl, case, and deere. The deere is the best in my opinion. it will outlift and outpush any other ctl on the market! The 331 is also a very capable machine with some cost savings! 850 hours on mine, had one sensor go out that was covered under warranty.

Comment

My 80 yo dad has a 333G. The door opens out, and he has busted the door out twice. Opens door and not paying attention and raises the lift. Last one cost 2400 to replace. I know Kubota door slides overhead inside of the cab.

Comment

My brother has one. It took me a bit to get used to the controls. To me they seemed very touchy/jumpy, and hard to really go slow & soft sometimes. Probably me being used to old worn out stuff, and not a everyday operator. I was talking to a guy that has one on a job site recently, and he said it did the same thing.

Another thing that I don't like is the tracks stick out in front of the cab too much for our grapple. If you tuck the grapple all the way in, the bottom teeth will hit the tracks. This wont be a problem for everyone, but its an annoyance for us. We have an armstrong grapple, and this prevents us from using it like a root rake.

Comment

I have a JD 333G and have zero issues and only thing that is wearing is the rubber tracks from the rocks that I grow in Jack county. I have also owned a CAT and my only advice is try to find a used unit with low hours with service records. All my equipment is JD and have them come out once per year to service everything onsite .

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
                          Own a 2021 333g and now a 2022 325g. The 333 is more machine to me than a cat ever was. Ive ran cat, kubota, bobcat, gehl, case, and deere. The deere is the best in my opinion. it will outlift and outpush any other ctl on the market! The 331 is also a very capable machine with some cost savings! 850 hours on mine, had one sensor go out that was covered under warranty.

You'd be the first one I've ever heard say deere was more machine than a cat. There's a reason you see cat on 90% of commercial jobs and you don't see deere skids on many if any. Now the bigger machines I don't mind deere but not their skids.

Get you a cat 289 and be done we have 4 289s and 2 299s. We put them through absolute helll. Ask curt what they run and why. He has a ton of machinery.

Comment

All depends what you are doing with it. The JD will outlift a CAT, but that is true of most rigid frames versus a suspension frame. For grading, the JD will be easier as the rigid frame helps prevent the washboard effect. If you are going to spend any real amount of time in it, a CAT all day. Your body will thank you for it. Dont go Kubota. Kubota is noisy, under powered, and beats you to death. The only reason to go with Kubota is their service and the overhead door, which is nice unless you are tall.

Comment

I don’t have any experience with other machines. I did a lot of research before buying mine. I went with the Cat 289D3. It’s been a great machine and no def.

Comment

Working...
                              X