No announcement yet.

Paint scratches much easier on aluminum Ford trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does a good high quality paint job cost? I had my truck repainted by MAACO 3 years ago for $1400 and its already time for another one. Paint is peeling off everywhere. Not going to use them again. Am i looking at 3-5 grand to get it done right?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
      What does a good high quality paint job cost? I had my truck repainted by MAACO 3 years ago for $1400 and its already time for another one. Paint is peeling off everywhere. Not going to use them again. Am i looking at 3-5 grand to get it done right?
      I'd take a peek at wrapping it, not sure on cost- but I doubt it's too far away from that, maybe cheaper.

Comment

I couldn’t scratch my 17’ to save my life, and I tried! It took some pretty nasty hits from a few items without a scratch. It did dent pretty easy however. Only had my 22’ for a week now, so no experience with it yet

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
          Yep.
          I have had several folks tell me car washes haven't scratched their vehicles.
          Then I point the scratches out.
          Most folks don't care, but it bothers the **** out of me.
          I didn’t realize they were scratched until I started detailing my own cars. Just one time through an automatic car wash will scratch the hell out of it.

Comment

A guy I work with had his f250 4 door painted about a year ago. It was 9k.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
              I didn’t realize they were scratched until I started detailing my own cars. Just one time through an automatic car wash will scratch the hell out of it.
              What brand do you use?

Comment

What brand do you use?
                I use several brands, Mostly Turtle Wax products, because they are cheap and easy to get. They have high quality retail products, that some pro's use. As far as quality products that you can get at Walmart or Autozone these all are very good. Adam's, Griot's, Meguiar's. Chemical Guy's is fair. If you stay away from Armor All you can't go wrong. I'm far from a pro, but I've learned a ton from a guy on Youtube. His channel is called Apex Detail. He is a magician with paint correction. He also reviews a ton of products and will give you step by step how to do it yourself.
                Last edited by oktx; 05-30-2022, 09:16 AM.

Comment

I use several brands, Mostly Turtle Wax products, because they are cheap and easy to get. They have high quality retail products, that some pro's use. As far as quality products that you can get at Walmart or Autozone these all are very good. Adam's, Griot's, Meguiar's. Chemical Guy's is fair. If you stay away from Armor All you can't go wrong.
                  Yep, several good brands out there.
                  I have been using Zaino for the last 6-7 years. Unfortunately, no store carries it and I have to order.

Comment

Yep, several good brands out there.
                    I have been using Zaino for the last 6-7 years. Unfortunately, no store carries it and I have to order.
                    I will look it up. Thanks! How did you start using that? I've never seen it, their prices are reasonable.
                    Last edited by oktx; 05-30-2022, 09:34 AM.

Comment

I don’t think 5k will touch it, I’m thinking it may be even more because they will have to remove all of the maaco first!

Comment

I will look it up. Thanks! How did you start using that? I've never seen it, their prices are reasonable.
                        I started researching after I bought my truck.
                        They seemed to be mentioned the most on car forums.

Comment

I recently noticed that the paint in the channel of the roof, right by the doors, has started to flake and peel off. Looks like it might be down to bare metal. Anyone else having this problem

-This is on a 2018 F-150 white gold color.

Comment

Seeing just a little of this on my 15 F150. As mentioned above, the paint does look very thin.

Comment

No issue on my 17

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                                I don’t think 5k will touch it, I’m thinking it may be even more because they will have to remove all of the maaco first!
                                Sounds like if he waits a little with it'll all fall off. May save some $$

Comment

Working...
                                X