rip charlene darling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rip charlene darling

To paraphrase Charlene Darling, this’n makes us cry.

The family of Maggie Peterson Mancuso, who played Charlene Darling on “The Andy Griffith Show,” announced on Monday that the actress and singer died on Sunday, May 15.

The news was posted on the Andy Griffith Show Museum Facebook and on Mancuso’s Facebook page on Monday.

A family member wrote on Mancuso’s page that she “passed peacefully in her sleep with her family present.

Always loved it when the Darlings showed up in Mayberry - they could sure play:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQtXEb7C30o&t=8s"]Andy Griffith - Darlings - There Is A Time - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Denver Pyle creeped me out as a kid. :-). I don’t recall why. . . but he dang sure did.

Comment

Ernest T Bass loved that woman!

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
          Denver Pyle creeped me out as a kid. :-). I don’t recall why. . . but he dang sure did.

I just watch him yesterday on Gunsmoke lol. He was on that show a few times I think and always a bad guy. He will always be Uncle Jesse to me

I didn’t know this lady from the show. R. I. P.
          I appreciate the video Jerp.

Andy did some singing in his day too. So did Gomer.

Comment

I met him a few times when I worked in the hardware store in Waxahachie. Nice enough in person.

Comment

Dang. There’s an episode with the Darlings on right now on tvland

Comment

Rodney Dillard is the only "Darling" family member left now that she is gone. When TV was worth watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                  Ernest T Bass loved that woman!
                  Seriously some funny stuff between those two! May she rest in piece.

Comment

RIP, miss
                    dang it... Man those boys, could play...

Comment

Working...
                    X