• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boating Mishap....

Be careful out there!

PSA: Wear your dang kill switch.

Comment

I guess his kill switch wasn't attached or didn't work.

Sad deal for him and his family, prayers up for them.

Comment

Sad story for sure. And I’m the worlds worst for not hooking up on my kill switch.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
          PSA: Wear your dang kill switch.

I’ll add to this……please check to make sure it is working each time you go out as well. It takes all of 15 seconds max to do it.

I was driving a friend’s boat once and when I reach for something the lanyard pulled the kill switch clip out. The motor continued on. Not a good feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

its a law now......
            I am stopped at Lake Sommerville every weekend it seems

Comment

I hand my lanyard on my shift handle so I hook it to myself every trip.

Comment

Kill switch....I put one of these on my boat last year. Kinda works as a theft deterrent as well if you take the fob with you when leaving boat. No clips or wires to get tangled or forgot.

Last edited by Quackerbox; 05-09-2022, 07:46 AM.

Comment

I get it on the kill switch things but it’s worth mentioning the lack of a life vest didn’t help him any. I hate to see when this happens. And it’s a lot more than you think.

Comment

Sept. 20, 1989 Lake Travis. This exact thing happened to me at 65 mph. No kill switch. No life jacket. Ran over twice. Thought I was invincible. I wasn’t. What I was though…LUCKY!!

I truly believe that if I’d had a life jacket on, I’d have died that day as the boat pushed me under both times.

And no I’m not saying don’t wear a life jacket.
                    Last edited by Fishndude; 05-09-2022, 07:49 AM.

Comment

RIP Cant be to careful!

Comment

Saw it on FB, sad deal.

Big Lake- Especially West Cove and the South end is loaded with shallow water and obstructions. Even if you know where you are at.

Comment

I have the kill switch on one of those rubber bracelets and try to wear my inflatable when I'm on the boat. Good call on checking the kill switch! They make us all pull em at some tourneys and there will be a boat or 2 still running sometimes!

Comment

Gotta wear it! Dang that's horrible.

Comment

happened last year on Texoma. Unfortunate reminder to use the kill switch lanyard

Comment

Working...
                              X