Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Deere 333G - anyone own or operate one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Young gun 12 View Post
    All depends what you are doing with it. The JD will outlift a CAT, but that is true of most rigid frames versus a suspension frame. For grading, the JD will be easier as the rigid frame helps prevent the washboard effect. If you are going to spend any real amount of time in it, a CAT all day. Your body will thank you for it. Dont go Kubota. Kubota is noisy, under powered, and beats you to death. The only reason to go with Kubota is their service and the overhead door, which is nice unless you are tall.
    We ran a Kubota and absolutely hated it. Roughest machine I've ever been in then it burnt up when they guys were running it down the street. Only had 200 hours in it.

Comment

Not a skid steer professional, but own a 333g and love it. We use it for our commercial construction company and everything at the ranch short of large shredding jobs. Dang AC works well too. It gets super cold in that cab even in 100 degree heat.

Comment

I've talked to a couple different folks that own rental and or construction companies. Bobcat scored high marks for dependability too but no service nearby for them. I'll look at nearest cat service center to me as well

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a Kubota SVL 75-2 and have been happy with it. Cab is noisy, but I wouldn't say it is under powered by any means. Also, the overhead door cant be beat its so nice being able to get out of machine with boom arms up especially if you are working by yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by wudduk View Post
            My 80 yo dad has a 333G. The door opens out, and he has busted the door out twice. Opens door and not paying attention and raises the lift. Last one cost 2400 to replace. I know Kubota door slides overhead inside of the cab.
            That’s one of the reasons I bought a kubota. The door opens above my head.
            It’s also nice to work it with the door and windows open when the weather is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
              You'd be the first one I've ever heard say deere was more machine than a cat. There's a reason you see cat on 90% of commercial jobs and you don't see deere skids on many if any. Now the bigger machines I don't mind deere but not their skids.

Get you a cat 289 and be done we have 4 289s and 2 299s. We put them through absolute helll. Ask curt what they run and why. He has a ton of machinery.

I’ve spent more time in a skid steer than most people have ever should. The Cat 100% cannot outlift or outpush the deere. Also, I’m not a big fan of being cramped in a cab for 8+ hours a day. Don’t mind bigger cat equipment but the cat skid cannot compare in a dirt work and brush moving competition. I do know they re-designed their skid but prior to this years model it wasn’t even close in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have a 331g that’s been great! A 332d that had a few motor issues. Deere makes a great machine. The lifting capacity is hard to beat.

Comment

Anyone that says anything other than a CAT for the long haul is full of it or clueless. If your trying to save money then buy a cheaper unit but I can say this, I’ve seen 2 kubotas and 3 JD 333’s burn up this year with my own eyes so if your afraid of fire run like hell from those brands.

I’ve got 6 CAT’s and 2 Kubotas right now and owned JD’s and their on the chopping block, me no do fires LOL CAT’s or nothing for me

If your strictly doing dirt work which your not going to be the JD and Ta will be fine, for general purpose use out in the fields, thickets and woods it’s a CAT hands down and it will be running long after the others stop. There’s a reason you don’t see off brands on construction sites very often, they simply don’t hold up.
                  Last edited by Kong; 04-26-2022, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kong View Post
                    Anyone that says anything other than a CAT for the long haul is full of it or clueless. If your trying to save money then buy a cheaper unit but I can say this, I’ve seen 2 kubotas and 3 JD 333’s burn up this year with my own eyes so if your afraid of fire run like hell from those brands.

I’ve got 6 CAT’s and 2 Kubotas right now and owned JD’s and their on the chopping block, me no do fires LOL CAT’s or nothing for me

If your strictly doing dirt work which your not going to be the JD and Ta will be fine, for general purpose use out in the fields, thickets and woods it’s a CAT hands down and it will be running long after the others stop. There’s a reason you don’t see off brands on construction sites very often, they simply don’t hold up.

There are two reasons they burn to the ground.

1. People who run a mulching head, and not clean out the engine Bay Area every 8 hours.

2. Squirrels/rats building a nest on the engine/DPF.

All of this can be avoided.

Now if you are in the forestry mulching business, ASV is hands down the best you can buy, with Takeuchi a close second.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post

1. People who run a mulching head, and not clean out the engine Bay Area every 8 hours.

Now if you are in the forestry mulching business, ASV is hands down the best you can buy, with Takeuchi a close second.

Nailed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Their burning down running brush cutters aka “Grass” which everyone with a ranch will own at some point, I’ve owned 19 mulchers to date up to 500hp and I know why things happen but I also know the average guys not going to shut down after a few hours of cutting grass to keep it from burning to the ground.

Don’t get me started on the off brands breaking down all the time, I can’t afford to own a POS that won’t run a week without going into the shop. Trying to talk me into a different brand skiddy or why a JD is better is a wasted effort. I know better and have the invoices to prove it LOL

I’ll end it here and let you guys talk about your weekend warrior skiddy knowledge LOL.

Comment

Mine will be used for fencing, clearing, road maintenance almost exclusively.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                            Mine will be used for fencing, clearing, road maintenance almost exclusively.

Kubota
                            Cab space, suspension seat, cab door slides up & back, removable belly pan guards for cleaning, robust guard package. Look at construction of the rear of the Kubota vs the competition.

I started buying them for our construction company & have had great success with them.

Had 333 & 332 John Deere machines prior to these & they were OK but were a service nightmare & the lower bucket pins were a constant problem.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post

No mulching head and highly doubt there was rats nest in a machine with barely 200 hours. Guys driving it down the road one loud pop and she was on fire. We think it started at the turbo and went from there.

Our guys average about 60 hours a week on our cats and it's not easy work. Like i said there's a reason you don't see many deere skids on commercial job sites.

Comment

Son runs a 333G (on his 3rd)with a mulching head and really likes it. Much better than the Kubota he had. He almost bought a 299 this round, but said it was much harder to clean service, and he spends a lot of time cleaning.

They all burn to some degree, but seems to happen after a service/repair of some kind, and oil is spilled in the belly pans..

Comment

Working...
                                X