No announcement yet.

Best suppressor for the money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Griffin Armament Recce 7 was $700 (not including the stamp) but now that I am thinking about it that was six years ago. At the time it seemed like everything else was between $900 and $1050.

Comment

Check out AB Suppressors by far the lightest can I have ever held and reasonably priced IMO. I just bought the raptor 8 and it can handle up to 300 prc.

Comment

I’m running Ruggeds. They are solid performers, do what they are supposed to and adjustable from long to short, just add/remove baffle extensions. Just bought the new razor556, so, will see how it performs. But all in all, a 556 suppressor isn’t for shooting without hearing protection. It’s mainly for flash hiding and making it harder to locate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't know much as I haven't received mine yet, but the research I did was really pushing Dead Air Nomad and Thunderbeast. I was looking more for a lightweight option and was less concerned about full auto capabilities so that is where I focused. I ended up going with the Dead Air Nomad LT. Hope you find one that works well for you.

Comment

I'll vouch for the Griffin Armament Paladin 300. It's rated for anything that will fit through the bore and they offer a .22 end cap for it. They are tough- scroll down to the bottom of the page and watch the video to the end. They warm one right up on a belt fed. Silencer Shop discounts them, but they are out of them at the moment. I do know that Griffin bought 2 new CNC lathes recently. I'm sure the shortage is temporary.
            The PALADIN HD silencer is an industry leading multi cal, user serviceable silencer

They have a new video. I liked the old one better.
            Last edited by Goathead; 03-30-2022, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Goathead View Post
              I'll vouch for the Griffin Armament Paladin 300. It's rated for anything that will fit through the bore and they offer a .22 end cap for it. They are tough- scroll down to the bottom of the page and watch the video to the end. They warm one right up on a belt fed. Silencer Shop discounts them, but they are out of them at the moment. I do know that Griffin bought 2 new CNC lathes recently. I'm sure the shortage is temporary.
              https://www.griffinarmament.com/pala...-300-silencer/
              I love my Griffin Recce 5.

I'd look hard at their new Explorr cans If I was OP. The Universal models specifically.

Comment

Dead Air Nomad TI is what I’d get. It’s stupid light. It’s on the far left. Nomad 2nd, Sandman S 3rd and Sandman L 4th. While your messing with ordering one go ahead and get a rimfire can too. I recommend a Dead Air Mask.

Comment

What is your primary use?
                  For a hunting can I will go with a Dead Air Nomad TI (or similar, light and small).
                  For target shooting I'll go with a Dear Air Nomad L or LTI (big and max noise reduction)
                  For rapid fire a sandman ( heavy duty)

I like Dead Air silencers but other manufacturers have similar offerings. Just decide what is your primary use and find several cans that fit the profile.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                    I have shot a good amount of suppressors and my favorite are KGM Technologies. I just bought a KGM R65 and really like it.
                    I also have Thunderbeast Ultra 9 and a Spectre II rimfire can
                    I'm looking at the KGM myself at Sgt of Arms. Would like some real world feedback of noise comparision with Omega 300 and Harvester

Comment

I have 3 Omega 30s, prior version to the 300. Been very pleased

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
                        I'm looking at the KGM myself at Sgt of Arms. Would like some real world feedback of noise comparision with Omega 300 and Harvester
                        Cant go wrong with Eric. Thats where I picked mine up from. The KGM is on a whole different level than the Omega or Harvester in precision, recoil mitigation, and sound suppression. Only thing is it is not full auto rated like the Omega.

Comment

As mentioned, you'll have more than 1.

I have two 30s and they see 223 the most. Just finish at 6.5 grendal build so we'll see how that does.

My .22 can doesn't see much use but it's there

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                            Cant go wrong with Eric. Thats where I picked mine up from. The KGM is on a whole different level than the Omega or Harvester in precision, recoil mitigation, and sound suppression. Only thing is it is not full auto rated like the Omega.
                            Thanks for info. I’m doing a 12.5” 6.5 Grendel with 15.5” Arca Handguard build with them and gonna use my Omega for now but probably get a KGM in near future to leave on that gun permanently since I use my omega on other guns.

Comment

Dead Air titanium.

Comment

Thunder Beast Ultra 7 or 9. In my opnion you can get cans that are just as good but not better. If it was my $$$ Thunder Beast.

Comment

Working...
                                X