Need pocket knife recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Double C View Post
    Agree. check out the higher end Kershaw stuff with good steel (not the cheaper ones).
    Both my kids 20 and 22 love Kershaws They each own like 3-4 of them. When we go on vacation (like Alaska) stopping at a Wal-Mart to see if they have a Kershaw with "Alaska" engraved on it is a must stop.

Comment

This store and these folks are awesome. If they don't show what you want on their website call. The customer service and online ordering is a breeze.

Comment

Originally posted by Cazador View Post
        Here’s my daily carry, Case Mini Trapper 6207 CV. Easy to sharpen and holds an edge pretty good. Does everything I need it to do in normal circumstances.

[ATTACH]1072008[/ATTACH]

My Father in Law carries its big brother, the Trapper, as his primary hunting knife.

I wouldn’t be afraid of getting him a Case, still a good knife today.
        Does Case make any knives with carbon steel anymore? Seems like all I can find is surgical/stainless steel. I like the patina on the carbon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          I bought a zero tolerance titanium earlier this year, and it is the best pocket knife I’ve ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Dale, do you have a specific model/link of that zero tolerance titanium? I'm on the fence with getting my 18yo a Benchmade 490 or barrage.

Comment

I carry bench made, axis sv30

But if I was to give a hair loom type gift it would be a hen and rooster

Comment

I carry 2 case trappers everyday and have a spare in the night stand if needed. I kill hogs and clean deer with them with no issue. Big enough to do everything you need but not too big to carry everyday.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by centex_aggie View Post
                Does Case make any knives with carbon steel anymore? Seems like all I can find is surgical/stainless steel. I like the patina on the carbon.
                Chrome vanadium = carbon steel

Comment

Originally posted by centex_aggie View Post
                  TKC has a good selection of CV, chrome vanadium, knives.

Comment

Check out cowboy knife auctions on the book of faces.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Chris Reeve

Made in the USA, Chris Reeve Knives in Boise, Idaho specializes high quality precision knife manufacturing and professional blade sharpening services.

Hard to beat the quality and he stands behind his knives.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        I bought a zero tolerance titanium earlier this year, and it is the best pocket knife I’ve ever had.

Which one did you get?

Comment

I've got a Boker that has been modified to include a spring-loaded opening by the push of a button (Legal now in Texas). I had a Crossdraw sheath made for it and it is in 99% condition. I carried it just a few times. Can send pics if interested.

$125.00 tyd shipped and insured.

Comment

Benchmade

Comment

These are the 2 I carry. I tend to switch them from time to time. But a couple of my favorites folders. I tend to carry fixed blade about 25% of the time also. Case Folding Hunter & a BucknBear EDC Diesel.

Comment

Get Him a Moore Maker and have it engraved.

Comment

Working...
                                X