X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    What are the “posts” made of? 4X4?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The existing posts that the trusses are sitting on are doubled c-purlin, same as the trusses

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
      I built this one w a scrap piece of I beam and some 4inch sq Tubing then slapped some red paint on it...easy weekend project

The nice thing is w the boat trailer Jack's I could roll it out of way
      Ive found a few like that one for sale locally on marketplace, just hate to add something else to the floor. It's getting crowded already

Comment

Originally posted by oneisnone View Post
        The existing posts that the trusses are sitting on are doubled c-purlin, same as the trusses

That’s weird. It’s probably fine, but you could weld a pice of 2X4 tubing to it to set the bottom of your bottom truss piece on.that would put the load directly to the floor, and stiffen the whole structure.

Comment

That’s weird. It’s probably fine, but you could weld a pice of 2X4 tubing to it to set the bottom of your bottom truss piece on.that would put the load directly to the floor, and stiffen the whole structure.

I may have a couple of pieces of 4x4 1/4" tubing that I could use for the vertical posts. I'll start looking at i-beam and see what it would take to get a 30' piece home and raised up in the ceiling.

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
            I built this one w a scrap piece of I beam and some 4inch sq Tubing then slapped some red paint on it...easy weekend project

The nice thing is w the boat trailer Jack's I could roll it out of way

Nice work. Leaning this route for my shop…figured I could hang a punching bag from it during its down time

Comment

Originally posted by oneisnone View Post
              I may have a couple of pieces of 4x4 1/4" tubing that I could use for the vertical posts. I'll start looking at i-beam and see what it would take to get a 30' piece home and raised up in the ceiling.

You don’t need anything as heavy as I-Beam if you truss it.

Comment

You don’t need anything as heavy as I-Beam if you truss it.

Thinking for simplicity sake of hanging one piece of steel plus the i-beam serves as a trolley track. Granted, I haven't priced i-beam yet so we'll see

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                  With the load the roof is already carrying, I wouldn't trust c-perlin to carry that load, even if it's only a 10 foot section of I-beam.

A roll around gantry crane would be my choice for a shop like yours. That way, you can store it anywhere in the shop you desire when not in use. You could also load it on a trailer and take it places if necessary. And would come in handy skin-n game.

Harbor Freight has a couple that I just happen to look at last weekend. The 2,000lb modle looks well-designed/built. I don't like buying there because most of it is imported from China. But they do carry better products than they used to 20 years ago.

2,000 lb work load for $829.99:
                  https://www.harborfreight.com/1-ton-...ane-62510.html
                  This!
                  Nothing says you can’t build an A frame on wheels

Comment

Working...
                  X