Mopar protection plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mopar protection plan?

I recently bought a 21 ram diesel. I did not buy an extended warranty at that time. I just got an email and now think it might be a good thing to have. Does anyone have experience with this plan? Pro's/cons?

No help, but I would think with the prices of vehicles today and all the electronics it would worth it.

Comment

I bought the Mopar plan on my Ram and had to use it recently. Works fine and saved me about $1K. It was a weird issue with the display on the radio and it was covered.

Comment

I passed on the Mopar factory extended warranty when I bought my 2019 1500 due to the price. I went to Zeigler Web site and bought the next level up plan plus lift kit coverage and saved about 40% over the price my dealer quoted. This is a Mopar warranty just like you dealer sells, just without the crazy mark up. If you pay in full for the warranty you also get a couple hundred bucks knocked off.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Phil View Post
          I passed on the Mopar factory extended warranty when I bought my 2019 1500 due to the price. I went to Zeigler Web site and bought the next level up plan plus lift kit coverage and saved about 40% over the price my dealer quoted. This is a Mopar warranty just like you dealer sells, just without the crazy mark up. If you pay in full for the warranty you also get a couple hundred bucks knocked off.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
          Have you used the warranty from them yet? Was service good?

Comment

Ha. What are the chances that I open a letter at nearly 10 pm, put in their code, get a quote, leave the page after seeing the price and the next page is tbh and someone asking about it?

FYI, I am passing.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by ctom87; 05-07-2021, 08:57 PM.

Comment

I had the ram max care when they had it. After a rebuilt motor (dropped lifter very common hemi problem) $4700
              -2 new dashes
              -radio
              -drive shaft
              -mirror led lights
              -transmission shift solenoid

It was worth it as the truck only made it to 175k. Started tapping again after rebuild as metal shavings couldnt be fully removed. but once the repair was worth more than the truck they just wrote you a check for the KBB value. Traded in on a toyota and got $4200.

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
                Have you used the warranty from them yet? Was service good?
                I have not had cause to use it yet. I did ask my local dealership about the warranty and had them verify that it was valid. The service manager pulled it up and said yes, Mopar factory extended warranty, paid in full, good to go.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I would not own a new model vehicle if it was out of warranty. Our park break computer went out and locked up the brakes. Warranty paid for the tow and the repair. Too many stupid things to break.........

Comment

I bought it with my wife’s ‘15 Jeep. Unlimited lifetime warranty. It has paid for itself 3 or 4 times now.

Comment

For what it's worth, the Max Care warranty prices are somewhat negotiable, so check a few different places. I didn't buy the extended warranty at time of purchase, but within a few months (5000k miles) got a quote from moparserviceplans.com for $3320.00 for an 8yr/120k with $100 deductible. I reached out to the dealer I purchased the truck from and they quoted $2385 for the same plan. I advised the rep for moparserviceplans.com what the dealer was quoted, they countered with $2220. Dealer ended up matching that price.

Comment

Working...
                      X