$65 osb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
    I'm on the luxury residential side of things. I just got a lumber pack quote back that was $30 / sq ft just for the lumber.
    For reference, what was it when prices were "normal"?

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
      I paid $65 a sheet for 3/4” plywood a week ago.

Wonder what will happen late summer if a hurricane is bearing down and there is a run on plywood to cover windows

Comment

Stop buying....good grief

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
          Wonder what will happen late summer if a hurricane is bearing down and there is a run on plywood to cover windows
          Probably cheaper to use tin nowadays to cover the windows.

Comment

Hate to be buying/building a house now or a new vehicle!

Outrageous

Some people will be upside down on new home builds in these conditions

Comment

Originally posted by El Paisano View Post
              I just talked with my forester last week. Timber prices have been dropping for last 3 months, and look to go to rock bottom if we have a dry summer on top of the freeze stress...lots of trees will die.
              Log yards are full and some not accepting timber through May.
              He said that the increased prices are not going to the landowners or the loggers. He thinks the mills and wholesalers are pocketing the profits.
              I bet part of that is transportation. I know our containers have gone up like $3000 just because of transporting it.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                Stop buying....good grief
                We're selling standard 7/16" 4x8 OSB @ $45 right now and literally can't get/keep enough. If you can find a truckload on the open market, it sells @ premium of $400-$600 over Random Lengths. I heard yesterday that a large chain lumber yard bought multiple trucks of 7/16" OSB Radiant-Barrier decking @ $2000/M ($64/sheet). That's crazy....

Comment

I feel like we have been in the twilight zone since last year. I never thought I'd see the price of things get to where they are now... and so rapidly.

Comment

I have 3 stacks in the shop, maybe I should auction it off lol I bought it last year for a build that never happened.

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKdnSPZfI4k"]Who is Getting Rich Off of High Lumber Prices?!? - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I'll bet prices will never come back down. The people that sell it will think "if they paid that much for X amount of months why bring the prices down".

Comment

My question is will it ever come back down or is this just signs of inflation and going to be the new normal?

Comment

As long as people continue to purchase at these high prices, there will be no decrease. Free market economy at work.

Comment

Originally posted by riverbowman View Post
                              For reference, what was it when prices were "normal"?
                              Wife built our house in 2018/2019 at that time $9.00 per sf was the normal price.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

This was a reciept from a small project I did at the barn in Aug. of 2019. Crazy
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X