Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freezer on Fridge Not Working (Clicking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freezer on Fridge Not Working (Clicking)

I have a less than year old Whirlpool model w10806896a Fridge/freezer combo.

This thing started making a clicking and not cooling in the freezer portion anymore.

Any ideas or anyone have history with this?

Luckily I bought the warranty but who knows how long that’ll take to get situated tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure neither the fridge or freezer portions are not working

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1549.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	24649150

Comment

Seems like I had something similar for my freezer and I think it had something to do with the defrost timer or something with the defrost function.

Comment

These new appliance are all computer driven. Aren't you in warranty less than a year old.

Comment

Defrost timer or defrost coil.

Comment

We purchased a new Maytag and had it less than a year. Due to bad engineering design Maytag had our unit servised 4 times changing the controller 3 times. At the final stage the system was freezing up due to an additional Freon leak. The bad design comes from how they place the controller in the internal cooled lower box area. They returned our purchase price and we bought a new different model.

It's amazing how history repeates itself. From my understanding and from the one we purchased. Since the industry is in a transition period for the Freon used. Today's new referigant will R600A. That folks is Isobutane. It's not the Butane that concerns me it's the use of connectors they have chosen. Slip or sharkbite like connectors to prevent dis similar metal corrision is the issue. Long story short with the connectors if one begins to smell the Butane for sure one could expect a leak. And the controller remains in the cooled damp environment. Bad designs all around just my $.02 worth.

Comment

Appliances today are not made to last. 5 years max then get a new one. I bought a new Frigidaire that would not cool right out of the box. Took a months to get a replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                  Appliances today are not made to last. 5 years max then get a new one. I bought a new Frigidaire that would not cool right out of the box. Took a months to get a replacement.
                  I think part of the problem is all the electronics in appliances now, people love bells and whistles. I still buy the most basic ones, so i can work on them when there is an issue. I get way more than 5 years out of them

Comment

Have tried three times today to get product support.

Still under manufacturer warranty smh guess we will see how long this takes

Comment

The clicking sounds like a relay on the compressor . May be the relay on the back attached to compressor. If the relay is bad the compressor will not come on

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post
                        The clicking sounds like a relay on the compressor . May be the relay on the back attached to compressor. If the relay is bad the compressor will not come on
                        This ^^^^^

Pull the back lower cover off and see if the compressor is running. Very common problem for that relay to go bad.

Comment

This^^^ If you hear the click (for the compressor to come on) and the compressor does not come on then it is most likely a relay.

Comment

Don't void the warranty by working on it yourself. The warranty should cover any food loss.

Comment

Either this or if you hear the compressor hum but not start after the click then it's the start capacitor. Also pretty common simple fix.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X