Running a refrigerator occasionally?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running a refrigerator occasionally?

Does it hurt to just run a ref occasionally? Buying a used ref to put at the camphouse that is run off a generator so it will only be running when I'm there. Will this shorten its lifespan or not amount to a hill of beans?

Won't hurt anything, just open the doors up on it so it doesn't sweat/mildew while you aren't there.

Comment

We have an old one we have done this way for years. Still runs when needed and I block the doors open when it's not being used.

Comment

That what we do on our lease in Eldorado. We unplug our campers when we are not there. I haven’t had any issue with the refrigerator

Comment

Thanks. That's what I thought, then I got to over thinking it.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
            Won't hurt anything, just open the doors up on it so it doesn't sweat/mildew while you aren't there.
            This^^^^

Ours at camp only operates 8 weeks a year. The rest of the time it sits off, doors open, and wiped down with lysol. 22 years and going.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
              Thanks. That's what I thought, then I got to over thinking it.

You overthink??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What about a deep freeze outside at camp? We have a carport to put it in. I would just like to be able to store ice. Would probably leave it on most of the season but unplug it during off season. How long does it take to get it down to freezing?

Comment

About 2 to 4 hours depending on size from my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                    The most important part.

Comment

Working...
                    X