30.06-30.07 Buildings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30.06-30.07 Buildings

There is something I have pondered since having my LTC. If my family and I were shopping in a place that is marked 30.06-30.07 and someone came in and started to shoot up the place or cause physical harm to people in the building, would that said building be legally liable for preventing me (as a law abiding citizen) from protecting myself and my family?

It’s them or you going home at the end of the day. Deal with the legal stuff after your home

Comment

Nope due to the fact you knew what the law was and chose to go in, I would think.

Comment

i have my LTC, have sat thru 3 classes with friends and its my understanding, its not allowed, and you would be detained, and have to go through a long drawn out mess, but more then likely you'll get off... and your family is safe, and perhaps i am wrong as i am sure the experts will chime in soon

Comment

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6......

Comment

I carry just about 100% of the time, unless I am going somewhere that I know they will have a metal detector or some other screening process to enter. I am going to protect myself and/or my family and deal with the fall out afterword's. I hope I die of old age and never get in a situation that I have to use my weapon but a sign on the wall is not going to keep me from carrying.

Comment

I’m not much concerned with a misdemeanor but 51% and Gov buildings get my attention.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                I’m not much concerned with a misdemeanor but 51% and Gov buildings get my attention.
                Yup

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                  This and a few places I go to for work. Having my company open is important to me, so I abide by my customers rules whether I like them or not.. JMO

Comment

Depends on who has the best lawyer and what kind of jury you get.

Comment

If the sign is not written in Appalachian American, I can't read it!

Comment

I am sure there is some case law for this but I would bet that you would have a hard time suing the business because they told you not to carry a gun and did not provide appropriate protetion.

I think that is what you are asking.

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
                          I am sure there is some case law for this but I would bet that you would have a hard time suing the business because they told you not to carry a gun and did not provide appropriate protetion.

I think that is what you are asking.
                          Yes pretty much. Just a hypothetical that has always bothered me.

Comment

Working...
                          X