Shotgun coach / lessons in the Houston area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shotgun coach / lessons in the Houston area

Anyone have experience with a shotgun coach or lessons in the Houston area?

I have been shooting shotguns for 45 years have been average to a little better on both game and clays until recently.

I've been shooting skeet a couple of times a month for the last year or so on a good day I am upper teens to low 20's and on a bad day (like today) low teens. I shot a 12 and 14. It is frustrating and kind of embarrassing

There are several coaches in the Houston area - any recommendations are appreciated. Looking for gun fit and technical instruction.

Thanks,
    Mike

You need to take a lesson with a couple of different ones. You will get a feel for which one works the best with you.

Comment

Steve laberta(sp),Adam blair,Jenny Clark, feland...no particular order

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Simple. Look down the barrel, not down on the barrel. Build your tripod and move at the waist. Most importantly, your not missing out front. Do those 3 things and you'll be complaining about all the 23/24's. 25th is mental.

Comment

Call American Shooting Center.

Comment

I’m not a skeet shooter. But our 4H rifle range is at Texas Premire Sporting Arms. Adam Blair is out there very often coaching. He must be good because he always has shooters out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

While not in the Houston area, I highly recommend the Orvis shooting school in Manchester, VT. Went there two years ago with my husband and we both improved measurably. Manchester is also home to their flagship store (referred to as “Mecca” by some individuals). Also, you can’t beat Vermont for the Fall foliage season.

Comment

Larry feland in north West Houston. He’s your guy. Trust me.
                Last edited by JakeM; 02-07-2021, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Larry Feland will get you going

Comment

PM sent Mike.

Comment

One day I’d love to see a break down of the number of people who voted vs those who ordered. Seems way too many jump in on their dream rifle, sway a vote and never pay a penny. Not sure there’s ever a loser with Alamo pricing, just wonder how many miss out on something they would actually buy?

Comment

Originally posted by Outback77 View Post
                        One day I’d love to see a break down of the number of people who voted vs those who ordered. Seems way too many jump in on their dream rifle, sway a vote and never pay a penny. Not sure there’s ever a loser with Alamo pricing, just wonder how many miss out on something they would actually buy?
                        Even an Alamo rifle would be hard pressed to help you shoot a 25.

But at least your hat would be wearable

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

.One day I’d love to see a break down of the number of people who voted vs those who ordered. Seems way too many jump in on their dream rifle, sway a vote and never pay a penny. Not sure there’s ever a loser with Alamo pricing, just wonder how many miss out on something they would actually buy?
                          Am I missing something?

Thanks for the recommendations guys. EP I will respond to you PM later.

Comment

Originally posted by BUCKSTAR View Post
                            Larry Feland will get you going
                            Any contact information?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X