Nasal bots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nasal bots

Question for the brain trusts and thanks. If you’re weak stomached don’t look....
    About to boil the head on my chap buck. That’s the first south texas deer I’ve taken. Are they pretty common down there in these numbers? I’ve boiled quite a few central texas bucks and only ran across a couple. This dude was loaded up.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	D2B0AFEB-358A-4BE7-804A-40DD44607570.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	25235374

Seems like it’s pretty common, at least in our deer.

Comment

Killed an old mature buck yesterday in Burnet county that was loaded with them !

Comment

That would have to be miserable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Our deer in Aspermont have them, I think this is common in all deer.

Comment

Pretty common. Just squeeze them between your fingers and watch them pop.

Comment

I euro around 30 deer a season and shoulder mount about half that, most deer I mess with have them.

Comment

Common delicacy. Sauté to medium rare and add a little mustard.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
                  Common delicacy. Sauté to medium rare and add a little mustard.
                  Stir fry in garlic butter and serve over angel hair pasta. Yummy

Comment

I don’t think I’ve ever killed a deer that didn’t have those

Comment

One lease I was on I used to see them all the time in the heads we kept for proof of sex. The deer on my property don't seem to have them...or I haven't noticed any so far

Comment

Where I see them most is in Swampy/wetter areas in deer...Probably worse than a Sinus Infection Headache

Comment

Seems like those deer would have to sneeze constantly with those wiggling around in there.

Comment

I have not seen many up here in Smith county

Agree with OldRiverRat, has to be maddening to have those in your sinuses

Comment

Working...
                            X