X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mac5dawg View Post
    Made it to 96 hours and I am done. Fixing to eat some food

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Congrats! You've inspired me to do my first real fast. I've done IF by default for years because I dont eat breakfast but I just ate dinner and I'm not eating again for 48 hours.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
      Congrats! You've inspired me to do my first real fast. I've done IF by default for years because I dont eat breakfast but I just ate dinner and I'm not eating again for 48 hours.

Good luck with your 48 hour fast. I think the first 48 are the hardest and if you push through it gets somewhat easier.

Comment

I’m on hour 51, started with the intention of 48hrs but decided to stretch it to 72. We’ll see how tomorrow goes.

Comment

I just made it to 4 hours. But looking hard at some microwave popcorn with shredded cheese and salsa verde on top. I'll keep y'all updated.

Comment

The whole thing is akin to the psychosis of Bulimia

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
              The whole thing is akin to the psychosis of Bulimia
              Lmao, with an obesity rate in this country above 40%, maybe we need a few more people to hop on the fasting psychosis train.

Comment

Didn’t say not to fast, it’s Biblical. Any extreme because a person lacks discipline in daily habits is still a psychosis.

“Progress not Perfection”

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                  Didn’t say not to fast, it’s Biblical. Any extreme because a person lacks discipline in daily habits is still a psychosis.

“Progress not Perfection”

Well then I have a psychosis, I choose to long term fast 2 times a year. During the fasting time I show more discipline than most people could ever do. I do this for the positives benefits that come with fasting as I stated in my op. My fasting has ended and I feel great. I have discipline in my non fasting life as well but I am not perfect. There are others that do not fast and do not believe in it and that is their choice and I respect that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac5dawg View Post
                    Well then I have a psychosis, I choose to long term fast 2 times a year. During the fasting time I show more discipline than most people could ever do. I do this for the positives benefits that come with fasting as I stated in my op. My fasting has ended and I feel great. I have discipline in my non fasting life as well but I am not perfect. There are others that do not fast and do not believe in it and that is their choice and I respect that.

I apparently have one as well. I lost 110 lbs almost 8 years ago through calorie counting and lifestyle change (no surgery) and have kept it off through daily management of my calories and exercise. In order to maintain I still use MyFitnessPal and am at 2902 days of logging in a row. I fully admit my addiction to food, and maybe it takes a bit of ocd behavior to prevent me from regressing...8 years later and it seems to be working. I'm at the exact same weight as I was when I finished the initial weight cut. I bulk and cut as needed.

After originally reading through this thread and doing some research I became interested in the autophagy benefits of fasting which is why I'm giving it a whirl. 16 hours in, and depending on how it goes I may add it to my toolbox on health and weight management.
                    Last edited by JonBoy; 12-11-2020, 12:30 PM.

Comment

I’m 24 hours in. And hungry. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
                        I’m 24 hours in. And hungry. Lol
                        Go to bed. Hour 22 was the worst for me, I was heading home and my stomach was hollering everytime I passed a whataburger. Day 2 was a walk in the park. Day 3 was a little rough, did feel good to eat tonight.

Comment

Nearly there. I break my fast in 30 minutes. Hardest part was last night before bed but my hunger eventually went away and I haven't really thought about food today. Kept myself busy with hobbies and even got a little cardio in. Definitely gonna do this again

Last edited by JonBoy; 12-12-2020, 05:07 PM.

Comment

48 hours in. I’ve had a headache the last 24. And been hungry the whole time. I stayed busy with projects but I’ve felt weak and winded, jittery, tired. Food was so tempting all day.

My wife just brought home some pizzas for the smoker so my 72 hour fast has just been cut short. I’m gunna eat some Food!!

Comment

I'm 45 hours into my fast. Shooting for 96 hours this go round. Feeling good. Just black coffee, water with a little Himalayan pink salt and nu-salt mixed in and a magnesium pill in the morning and evening for my electrolytes, along with a multivitamin.

Comment

I need a complete system reset, and like the idea of the mental challenge.

I wonder if this gatorade product would be okay? I could see getting a headache from no caffeine.

At Gatorade, we offer sports science & hydration innovation to help athletes fuel, recover, & perform. Shop our sports drinks, protein bars, powders, equipment & more!
                                Last edited by BassMaster13; 01-05-2021, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X