Deer Lease Scam??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bklem View Post
    Google is your friend. Run. Run very fast and far.
    After a quick search, I amend my joking post above...I wouldn't even take the chance on this guy with AC's money

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Would you do it? Would you pay $1500 up front to see a property in hopes that you like it ? And in hopes he returns it should you not like it?

Would you charge somebody to do the same?

Nope!

I guess you skimmed post 32

Comment

Seems lots of folks have been lubed by this guy once you do a search.

Comment

I leased a place in menard from him and this is how we done it as well. There was some issues but none of Scott’s problems and in the end it worked out ok. He is a great guy and wouldn’t hesitate to lease again from him!

Comment

Did you call?

Comment

Originally posted by jt400 View Post
              Did you call?
              Yes, I spoke with him yesterday. On the phone he seemed like a real nice guy. Said that a 50% down deposit was not required to see the property; said that the deposit was to hold your spot for the property and to make sure that you were one of the first ones to view the property to see if I wanted to get on or not.

For example: The lease has 8 openings and say I wanted to view the property and made an appointment with him to view it, WITHOUT PAYING. Then say that by the time that our appointment were to take place, 8 people had already paid the 50% then I would get bumped down the list, and those 8 people would have first chances to view the property and see if they wanted to be on it or not.
              (I hope that makes sense)

The only thing that I was not a fan of was when I asked how I could make an appointment, he said that I just needed to tell him some dates that I was available and we could work something out. I told him that I was free every weekend from here on out, and to just let me know which weekend would work best...I work a normal Mon-Fri 8-5 job like most people do. He then said that he was not available on weekends since he is also a guide and that the only days he would be able to show the property would be on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. I then asked why he told me to tell him when I would be available if he knew that his only days he was really available were Tuesdays and Wednesdays? He said he didn't think about it until I said the weekends.

All in all, he was a nice guy to speak to, but I'm still weary of having to put that kind of money down, just to technically hold your spot in place to view the property. I think I may just take my chances and hope one of my fellow TBH'rs needs a new lease member after the season.

Comment

We leased spots from him on the Walking Cane Ranch outside Caddo. Scott 'seems' like a stand up guy at first, talks a good game, throws in lots of talk of his 'ministry'.
                He intentionally misrepresented things to us and intentionally hid things. IMO he steals from Peter to pay Paul - he has to constantly get money from hunters to pay landowners what he has committed.
                Perhaps he is well intentioned. But the execution is sorely lacking.
                It is kind of like the roofer that needs you to pay him some money up front so he can buy the materials to roof your house. IMO, if he is truly in the roofing business, he should be able to supply the goods and get paid when work is delivered. When you can't supply the goods without money up front, you are constantly dealing with a house of cards ready to crumble down.

Comment

Yeah I'm just going to keep checking the Green Screen Classifieds everyday haha. Some people have good things to say, some don't...I don't want to take the chances of being one of the ones who don't.

Comment

Scott Huggins with Adventures, missions, & retreats is a total con-Man and scammer. He suckered us in with smooth talk. Honesty he sounds like a super nice guy on the phone but dose not Deliver. He took our money upfront. We paid him on the website after how nice he seemed on the phone. We actually found him on Texas parks and wildlife. I have called there Fraud department and reported him. He showed us a staged lease that had blinds on it and told us there was hunters so it would be several months before we could get on. The week before we where suppose to move on he said he talk to the property owner and they where doing a Burn that never did. Showed us another property…. We agreed. Asked him several times if we where good when he told us we could move on and he kept having really strange responses. That’s when we did our research and saw all the people he Screwed over. Sooo we knew it was going to be something September 1st /date we where suppose to move on. Sure enough He called and said Land owner was Selling. What a lier!! I had to threaten to bury him in court cost to get him to pay our money back. Beware he uses the ministry name to get you to trust him.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraud slayer View Post
                      Scott Huggins with Adventures, missions, & retreats is a total con-Man and scammer. He suckered us in with smooth talk. Honesty he sounds like a super nice guy on the phone but dose not Deliver. He took our money upfront. We paid him on the website after how nice he seemed on the phone. We actually found him on Texas parks and wildlife. I have called there Fraud department and reported him. He showed us a staged lease that had blinds on it and told us there was hunters so it would be several months before we could get on. The week before we where suppose to move on he said he talk to the property owner and they where doing a Burn that never did. Showed us another property…. We agreed. Asked him several times if we where good when he told us we could move on and he kept having really strange responses. That’s when we did our research and saw all the people he Screwed over. Sooo we knew it was going to be something September 1st /date we where suppose to move on. Sure enough He called and said Land owner was Selling. What a lier!! I had to threaten to bury him in court cost to get him to pay our money back. Beware he uses the ministry name to get you to trust him.

Oooof. Sounds like a mess. Keep slaying the fraud!

Comment

OP, I see you are in SETx, if you are stilllooking next season, give me a call. If there is an opening on our lease, you can look for free. You can look for free even if there isnt an opening.

Im fairly certain most of myguys are staying on, but you never know.

Comment

RUN 180 degrees out and fast..

Comment

A friend of mine hunted with him for 4 years. My friend is a lawyer and checked out every angle before his first trip and couldn’t find a wrinkle. He throughly loved the experience and brought his whole family every time. A few years ago during the anthrax breakout, he couldn’t hunt the property he selected because it was affected. The outfitter was able to line him up on a different property.

Comment

Interesting that a New members first 2 posts are centered around 2 threads from 2020. Not saying he's wrong...its just interesting!

Comment

I would not risk it! If you know what County he hunts/leases in, contact the Local Game Warden and ask if he has ever had any issues with him. If he is a "Guide" as he says, the GW should know him. The Risk vs Reward here would keep me from sending my hard earned money to him. Remember this! Judgement comes from experience and GOOD JUDGEMENT comes from BAD EXPERIENCE. My 2 cents!!

Comment

Working...
                                X