• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice!
    Good luck!!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice work on the Wyoming bull. Good luck in Montana!

Comment

Helping put up signs and gates today on the private they just leased, I think we covered all our bases here

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
          Helping put up signs and gates today on the private they just leased, I think we covered all our bases here

Here in Montana, the locals know a post with the top 6” painted red means the same thing! Plus in Montana posting is a courtesy to people, it’s the hunter/hiker’s responsibility to know where property boundaries are and to stay out of other people’s property.

But- while we can’t shoot a horse thief, we can shoot a mining claim jumper.

Good luck- be bear aware. I’m on search and rescue and the local GW will be at our monthly meeting to give us an update on griz activity in SW Montana. I would love to meet you- but not pulling somebody out of the back country to get to medical care.

BTW- 10mm with Buffalo Bore Outdoorsman rounds is a pleasure to shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
            Here in Montana, the locals know a post with the top 6” painted red means the same thing! Plus in Montana posting is a courtesy to people, it’s the hunter/hiker’s responsibility to know where property boundaries are and to stay out of other people’s property.

But- while we can’t shoot a horse thief, we can shoot a mining claim jumper.

Good luck- be bear aware. I’m on search and rescue and the local GW will be at our monthly meeting to give us an update on griz activity in SW Montana. I would love to meet you- but not pulling somebody out of the back country to get to medical care.

BTW- 10mm with Buffalo Bore Outdoorsman rounds is a pleasure to shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think the bears have made it here yet but I bet it’s only a matter of time. The landowner has asked him to post the signs and put the gates up because the locals have been running all over the new lease. It’s kind of tough because it used to be block management a few years ago

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

This full moon and hot weather has the elk a little bit shy so far this year. In two days of glassing we have turned up 10 bulls and 30 or so cows. One was about a 320 bull and another bull about 300, the rest have been raghorns. There’s a big weather shift on Monday that is going to drop the temp into the low 30s. Hopefully we find something this afternoon to make a play on in the morning.

Comment

Nothin less than 380” right?

Comment

good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                      Nothin less than 380” right?

The first good mature bull that crosses my path sir, but a 380” would be more than fine with me

Comment

How many days will you he hunting for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                          How many days will you he hunting for?

I am leaving next Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                            I am leaving next Sunday

Cool. Got plenty time I hopefully get on one! Good luck in the morning.

Comment

Good luck and good hunting.Thanks for taking us along.

Comment

Great thread!!! Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X