Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From Shipping Crate to Bow Blind (in progress)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bobby,

Looking good.

Hope you and your boys get a lot of memories out of them.

Ed need to show off what he has done to his.

Comment

Looks great Bobby! It's a good thing to keep all fingers attached, sawzalls can be mean muthas

Comment

They have the black screen frames and corner fittings at home depot if you were going to build your own window frames.
        I've tried hanging the screen across, but had better luck with shoot through mesh when the materials were pulled tight.

Comment

Looks really good man! Be looking for shipping crates now!

Comment

Originally posted by Boss Hogg View Post
            They have the black screen frames and corner fittings at home depot if you were going to build your own window frames.
            I think that's the way to go. The screen making materials are cheap - frames, corner brackets, rubber edging and spline tool. After making the frame the size you want just install shoot through mesh in it instead of window screen. HD also carries aluminum channel that is just the right size - if you mount a piece above and below the window hole and you'll have a sliding screen of shoot through mesh.

Comment

Good call on the aluminum channel jerp.

Comment

Looks good Chew.

Comment

Phase 2: Redneck Art (the stand is going to be elevated up in an oak mott)

Click image for larger version

Name:	SD531227.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	23840561

Name:	SD531226.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	23840560

Name:	SD531229.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	23840563

Name:	SD531228.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	23840562

Phase 3 will be windows and interior (bow hooks, gear hooks, video port, etc.)

Comment

Nice....what are you using for the roof?

Comment

The crate has a plywood roof that snaps on like the sides. I'll cover that with some tin most likely.

Comment

Looking good Chew. Went by your office today to get an accident report and you were gone.

Comment

Tim...I'm out at the academy all week on Atascocita Rd. for training. Sorry I missed ya.

Comment

Looks good Chew! I want to see finished pics in the field!

Comment

Ummm. did ya get the munchies after all that spray paint??

I do think it looks good and with seeing the photos of where your thinking of putting it, it should brush in nicely. (although you might want to get permission from the landowner before you cut down the amount of trees it's gonna take to cover that up! )
                              Last edited by wassaw; 05-13-2008, 09:25 PM. Reason: dang my spelling and the grammer cop

Comment

Nice job Bobby.....looking good ......

Comment

Working...
                                X