No announcement yet.

New Bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X2 contacting Martin. They may send you a new limb (or a pair). When an old PSE my son had split a limb, the request had to come from a dealer to do the repair. It’s worth a phone call to have a backup bow.

I’ve not shot the new Elite bows. I’ve had my 2010 Judge since 2011 and I’m still shooting it. Never had a technical problem with the bow in a decade and I’ve banged it around hunting deer, pigs and now elk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you have an Xpedition Archery dealer near you, the X33 is definitely worth a try!

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
        That's an excellent point....They will likely send you new limbs. Martin's make great back-up bows!...Gave my Cheetah away but wish I still had it.
        I called Martin and they cant do anything for bows prior to 2015. He told me to reach out to Barnsdale Archery (Razorback01 also gave me there contact). I sent them an email and he can get me new limbs for $180. Not sure if it worth fixing a 10 year old bow or just breakdown and buy a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by click43 View Post
          I called Martin and they cant do anything for bows prior to 2015. He told me to reach out to Barnsdale Archery (Razorback01 also gave me there contact). I sent them an email and he can get me new limbs for $180. Not sure if it worth fixing a 10 year old bow or just breakdown and buy a new one.
          Well that's a real pizzer....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

If it were my Elite, I’d spend $180 instead of way north of $1k for a new bow. But I like the Elite bow.

If you’ve had a hankering for a new bow, now’s your chance.

My 2 cents.

Comment

Man, I would def shoot a bowtech solution SS... Went in to buy the v3 walked out with the bowtech... was just amazed at the smoothness.

Comment

Originally posted by CB_TxNole View Post
                Man, I would def shoot a bowtech solution SS... Went in to buy the v3 walked out with the bowtech... was just amazed at the smoothness.
                That what I keep reading that the Bowtech Solution and V3 are very similar.

Comment

Went to Texas Archery on Saturday. I shot the Hoyt Ventum 33, Mathews V3 31, and the Bowtech Solution SS. After about 5 minutes of shooting the 3 I decided to eliminate the Bowtech. Just didnt feel as good as the others. Spent about another 20 minutes shooting the V3 and Ventum and decided to go with the Hoyt Ventum 33. It was very close between the V3 and Ventum, but I liked the draw cycle on the Ventum a little bit better.

Once I picked the bow Richard helped me set everything up. He was great and answered all the questions I had. After setting the bow up we paper tuned it and put it through the chronograph. I am shooting a 28" draw, 70 lbs, 85% let off, 433 grain arrow, and it is traveling 283 FPS. I would defiantly check out Texas Archery if you are in the market for a new bow.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Congrats! Enjoy it.

Comment

I did the same thing....ended up getting the Ventum 30 as I thought the draw was smoother than the V3 and it felt like it had less hand shock than the 27 or 31 V3's. I actually liked the 27 more than the 31, but the draw cycle on the Ventum won me over.

Comment

I that's why I'll never own a Martin.

Comment

PSE replaced limbs on a bow that was over 10 years old for the price of shipping.

Comment

Good deal, its a fantastic shop! Also, if you are thinking about going out west, 85% is too much let off in Colorado. There might be other states that way, but I know Colorado is 80% max.

Comment

It’s 80% let-off in Montana also, but I’ve never heard of somebody being checked. It could happen.

Comment

Congrats on the new bow.

Comment

Working...
                                X