X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds good.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
      Yup, that's the name of my recipe that I saw on line by a different name and lacked my final secret ingredient. I'm not much of a hamburger fan because it always seems to lack flavor. Not these! I'm a fan now! Even my husband said, "Wow. These are really good!"

1.5 pounds of ground meat (I prefer beef for this one but venison will work.)
      1/2 onion diced well (I used my Ninja chopper to almost puree it.)
      1/2 cup of cheddar cheese
      1 teaspoon of basil, oregano, rosemary, parsely
      1 teaspoon of soy and Worcestershire sauce
      salt and pepper

a large spoonful of bacon grease melted. By spoonful, I'm talking like 1/8 cup, maybe less. (The first time I made this I doubled everything and used 1/4 cup of grease.)

Mix it well. Be prepared for flames on the grill.
      My husband loves homemade hamburgers so I made some for Father's Day.

This time I used shredded Pepper Jack cheese and 1 envelop of onion soup mix plus 3 cloves of minced garlic. It was amazing!

Comment

It is a great recipe. I should note that I followed it vs the following:

Rosemary, onion, and parsley was fresh off the plant at home.
        Cut out 1/3 of the bacon drippings (huge flames). You cannot walk away from the grill.

This was a winner with the family and crew and will be used again and again.

Comment

Sounds tasty! I normally make burger patties by grinding 2 lbs venison with 1 lb of bacon. I grind it on a coarse plate, hand mix, grind with the coarse plate again and hand mix one more time. I also like to soak in Dales sauce for an hour or two just before putting on the grill.

I'm thinking about mixing in some high temp cheese and diced jalapenos next batch.
          Last edited by HogCommander; 03-14-2020, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Anyone else try this yet? We're going to make them in a few weeks for my husband's birthday. I'll try to get pictures.
            be sure to include the grill fire pics

J.K. sounds great; gonna try it.

Comment

Might try that with Elk.

Comment

I did use it with ground elk. No other meat added. Excellent. Cooks fast. Don't walk away from the grill.

Comment

Originally posted by HogCommander View Post
                  Sounds tasty! I normally make burger patties by grinding 2 lbs venison with 1 lb of bacon. I grind it on a coarse plate, hand mix, grind with the coarse plate again and hand mix one more time. I also like to soak in Dales sauce for an hour or two just before putting on the grill.

I'm thinking about mixing in some high temp cheese and diced jalapenos next batch.
                  I’ve always wanted to try Dales

Comment

Slow and low with elk/deer/grass finished beef. Fresh herbs (two leaves of rosemary on top of the meat, rosemary is powerful, less is best) I also throw on a couple of juniper berries (less is best) and knock them off halfway through cooking.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowdark View Post
                      Slow and low with elk/deer/grass finished beef. Fresh herbs (two leaves of rosemary on top of the meat, rosemary is powerful, less is best) I also throw on a couple of juniper berries (less is best) and knock them off halfway through cooking.
                      Agreed. I love fresh rosemary, but a hint too much is way too much. It's also awesome on a nice grilled beef tenderloin.

Will try the berries on the burgers next time.

My beef and elk preference is always rare. Requires me to cook refrigerator cold meat at high heat to hold the moisture and fats while holding the red center.

Nothing better than a rare Argentina grass fed and finished tenderloin IMO.

Comment

Yup, that's the name of my recipe that I saw on line by a different name and lacked my final secret ingredient. I'm not much of a hamburger fan because it always seems to lack flavor. Not these! I'm a fan now! Even my husband said, "Wow. These are really good!"

1.5 pounds of ground meat (I prefer beef for this one but venison will work.)
                        1/2 onion diced well (I used my Ninja chopper to almost puree it.)
                        1/2 cup of cheddar pepper jack cheese
                        1 teaspoon of basil, oregano, rosemary, parsely
                        1 teaspoon of soy and Worcestershire sauce
                        salt and pepper
                        1 packet of Onion Soup Mix

a large spoonful of bacon grease melted. By spoonful, I'm talking like 1/8 cup, maybe less. (The first time I made this I doubled everything and used 1/4 cup of grease.)

Mix it well. Be prepared for flames on the grill.
                        I made the edits in blue and for the 4th of July, we SMOKED these on the smoker at 300 degrees. I also made the patties the day before. Just when I thought the recipe could not get any better! I wished I had pictures. We had so much going on with kids and grandkids I forgot to sneak a photo.

( I had to drop the bacon grease because my husband said he thought it was too much for him.)

Comment

Gonna try this out

Comment

Originally posted by HogCommander View Post

We make our deer sausage with hi temp cheese and jalapeños, I use pan sausage for burgers, they’re great!

Comment

Tried this a few weeks ago. In my cast iron skillet. I did not mix in the bacon grease to the meat. I cooked the burgers on top of bacon in the pan like I typically do.

Comment

Saved. Thanks Tracy.

Comment

Working...
                                X