Truss or bar to extend Spot Hogg site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truss or bar to extend Spot Hogg site?

I searched threads on this and didn’t find very much.

I’m having vision problems ( far sited) , I’m having a hard time with keeping the pin focused along with the target ( it’s either one or the other) and very frustrating. I had an eye exam 3 weeks ago and discussed this with my dr. and the Dr. said I needed progressive lenses. I told the Dr. that I don’t see how that would help but went ahead and ordered them. I let my eyes try to adjust before I started shooting again and Now I have double vision on my pins / target depending on which one I’m trying to focus on . I went Back to the dr. And now I’m going back to single vision lenses. So I have been researching this and from what I’m understanding is that people that are far sighted and having these problems need to use an Extended site. I like the Spot Hogg but I am unable to find an extended 4-6” truss to make it work. Any ideas on a retro-fit solution with out spending a large amount of money on a whole new Extended site?

Sorry so long but I know there has to be other archers with a problem similar to this.

Thanks in Advance

Nobody?

Comment

Not sure if it’ll help, but maybe a clarifier peep?

Comment

I use a verifier to clear up the pins and it really works well. You'll have to go to a bow shop to try them and see which one you need.
        Increase your bow's accuracy & maximize precision with Specialty Archery's peep sight verifiers. Browse our wide selection of verifiers here!

Comment

I would go to a single pin and try a verifier before I went down that path. The more you pull that sight away from the bow, the more torque problems you will have.

Comment

Originally posted by Miller View Post
            I would go to a single pin and try a verifier before I went down that path. The more you pull that sight away from the bow, the more torque problems you will have.
            Thanks! I’m going to try the verifier path then to the single pin if necessary! The closest shop to me that is a dealer is 78 miles away so it may take a while !

Thanks everyone

Comment

Working...
            X