Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tiberiuswade View Post
    Hi all
    Grateful that many of you are concerned about turkeys being scarce in certain areas. 1st I'm with Texas State board NWTF. All turkeys responds to lost of Habitat and pressure as well as predators. With that being said, yes hogs do a lot damage to nesting birds once found. We have been stocking birds throughout Texas (even with Covid-19), latest release was last Tues up near Lufkin. We ha e done a lot Habitat improvement up LBJ and had release as well. Jason Hardin IS the only Texas Biologist, other Biologist you may have spoken with are related to turkeys ( yes they are Biologist, but in other areas). They will Not have all Important information regarding our turkeys and what we [NWTF/TPWD] doing for the birds. I know it may seems like there aren't many birds, but they may not be near or on your hunting lease lands. Sam Houston NF has birds, Angelina NF has 'em, LBJ has them. Get involved to help the flock....shoot a yote, hog when given a chance
    NWTF Texas State board
    NWTF =National Wild Turkey Federation we are here for you and future generations

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    I believe the predators are the main problem.
    Coyotes from what I hear are expanding there range.

We hunted not far from stonewall for 22 years starting in 1972 and never heard or seen a coyote. I hear they have moved into that area.
    On my ranch in Coleman co we found 2 hens that were probably taken off the nest and eaten by something
    We haven’t seen any hog sign in Coleman but we do have pictures of bobcats and lots of coons
    That’s my thoughts.
    Thanks

Comment

Speaking of NWTF, if your thinking if joining now's a good time. With the caronaebola the last year,all the hunt orgs are sufferin some.

Comment

Working...
      X