Fire Pit vs. Fire Ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire Pit vs. Fire Ring

Planning on small upgrade for the lease. Was originally thinking a fire pit with swing grate. Saw a pretty cool looking fire ring (nothing to cook on - but thinking something could be made).

Who all has used a fire ring and what issues are there if any?

Who all has used the fire pits that buccee's sells?

We have both, a pit with the swing grate to cook on and a ring (old tractor rim) that we use to burn old blinds and trash in. We have had no issues with either other than we have to clean them out every now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad74 View Post
      We have both, a pit with the swing grate to cook on and a ring (old tractor rim) that we use to burn old blinds and trash in. We have had no issues with either other than we have to clean them out every now and then.
      I to use a tractor rim , with a swing over grill for cooking and camp fire. Works great, I use a grill and shovel in hot coals when I don’t need a large grill

Comment

Best of both worlds right here. Unhinges to lay flat for transporting and can be easily configured for cooking or just a campfire.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
          Best of both worlds right here. Unhinges to lay flat for transporting and can be easily configured for cooking or just a campfire.
          Nice where did you get that one

Comment

I have a couple of the bucees fire pits, including one in Rockport that has held up surprisingly well in the salt air. They are a good pit for the price imo, I’ve given several as gifts to employees that love them. We have a really large tractor rim at one of my father in law’s farms that will probably outlast me, put a big square of expanded metal on it to cook on, works great.

Comment

I dropped buccees' in Melissa an email to see when they would get back in stock & price. Does anyone know if the one North of Ft Worth has any? Not real optimistic about hearing back.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
                Nice where did you get that one
                Not mine, but a friend that does chuck wagon cooking has one very similar. Fairly easy to make with plate steel and some tube steel.

Comment

Fire Pit vs. Fire Ring

We build them and are site sponsors too [emoji4] the gratings just sit on welded clips so you can lift them out

Last edited by Saltaholic; 08-07-2020, 09:00 PM.

Comment

That top one would be ideal. If OP buys this model. I will personally chip in the first $100 for him/her.

Call/Text me. 2five4-2four7-7eightO5

Comment

I built this one a couple of months ago.U can’t go wrong with a fire pit grill!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Saltaholic View Post
                        We build them and are site sponsors too [emoji4] the gratings just sit on welded clips so you can lift them out
                        I'd be tempted, but as I recall you are a bit south from me. Recall your other thread on these.

Comment

Originally posted by Tito View Post
                          I built this one a couple of months ago.U can’t go wrong with a fire pit grill!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          That looks nice. Pretty much what I originally had in mind. Just started thinking about the rings. Rings might be easier and a bit cheaper. Of course an old tractor rim would work too. Like idea of cooking over it though we do have a couple of grills.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                            That top one would be ideal. If OP buys this model. I will personally chip in the first $100 for him/her.
                            Thanks for the offer. You are a stand up man. I appreciate it, but think I should be ok.

Comment

Fire Ring! Cooks well and simple to clean.

Comment

Working...
                              X