Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do yall see this housing market doing over the next few years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do yall see this housing market doing over the next few years?

Toying with the idea of selling the house here in SA while we're on the bubble and renting in Wyoming for a few years until the two younger kids are done with college and coming back. The gamble would be the bubble would bust and I'd buy something here in Texas for a good price in 3-5 years. Curious to see what other kind of discussion and thoughts are on the housing market and such. My luck things will probably skyrocket more with inflation and I'll have to pay double later on down the road.

Im in Austin area. Home builders are buying land and building as fast as they can to keep up. At some point it will saturate. Selling now is top $$$. If building materials will ever go down you may do great. Or like you said everything continues ans you cant afford much more than a travel trailer

Comment

With all of the foreigners (california, NY, washington and all the rest) moving in I dont see it ending anytime soon. They will just keep coming. We need to close the borders!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
        With all of the foreigners (california, NY, washington and all the rest) moving in I dont see it ending anytime soon. They will just keep coming. We need to close the borders!!!
        That makes me not want to come back, maybe it'll work out. LOL

Comment

Sold my house in 2 days here in the Austin, Tx area. It sold $50k over asking price and asking price was up there.. Moving to South Texas now, Austin area isn't what it used to be...

Comment

Austin and SA prices ain’t going down anytime soon. It’s a great time to sell one there though. I wish I’d of bought land in Boerne years ago.

Comment

That’s crazy Batman! Good for you though getting the hail outta dodge while you still can.

Comment

I guess it would depend more on where you return to and buy. Austin area you can forget it. I am a real estate appraiser in the Austin area. There is nothing for sale right now. .04 months inventory. Builders cant build any inventory right now because the homes are selling before they start construction. With Telsa and Amazon building here an estimated 10,000 jobs will come on line in the next five years in Austin further increasing demand. I am fortunate enough than my Mom gave me 10 acres near Grandview where she lives. I plan on selling my house in the next 12 months then living in a travel trailer a couple of years then build something if lumber prices ease a bit. Good plan to sell now then buy some land out in the country and hold it till you come back.

Comment

It has to pop at some point. My fear is that it slows down when we see Jimmy Carter-esque interest rates and overall inflation

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                    That’s crazy Batman! Good for you though getting the hail outta dodge while you still can.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                      It has to pop at some point. My fear is that it slows down when we see Jimmy Carter-esque interest rates and overall inflation
                      That’s what I see coming down the road in the not too distant future.

Comment

From all I read in my industry, at least another decade. Our economy has been steady and or increasing in major markets compared to other states. I just don't see things getting cheaper here. We may level out but not drop.

Comment

There is an overall shortage in the supply of available homes when compared to the number of people wanting to buy (first time home buyers plus all the thousands of people moving to Texas). This compared with historically low interest rates have really driven the housing market to go crazy. I think the rising cost of raw materials (lumber, concrete, etc) and interest rates trending up a little will impact the market slightly, but I think it's going to take a lot to stop the current momentum in the market.

Comment

My uncle, just sold out to move to Mississippi to buy bigger, he is finding it extremely difficult To find anything worth buying in comparison to what he sold

Comment

Sold my house in Bastrop county. In 1 hr had 15 offers. Sold way over asking. Gotta stay in an apartment for a little while until I find my next house. Never lived in an apartment but like I told my dad.....I will go live in an apartment for 300k in my account!

Comment

Working...
                              X