Tree damage question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tree damage question

Ok green screen arborist out there. Got a question for you. I have a few shin oaks that got damaged in this ice storm and their branches got twisted. They are not broken and the bark is still intact. The branches are hanging down about 3-4 feet lower than normal and when I lift them up I can see where the tree fibers on the branch (about 1 foot from main trunk) are twisted and weak making the branch hang low. Is this fixable? Can the tree recover? Or call it a loss and cut it down?

Leave it alone till June then reassess.

Comment

Cut the limb off.

Comment

Cut the limbs off next to the main limb and spray the sealant over the cut. With the sap down, I would do it now.

Comment

Cut em off.You'll have new growth in the Spring.I never stop pruning trees,in Texas.The sap never leaves.

Comment

The black spray is a waste of money btw.

Comment

Can you send some pictures to 832-651-9six8six? If the cambium underneath the bark is still intact, you might be able to cable or brace the limb to support it at its normal heighth and let it heal for a year or 2. The limb will heal, depending on the severity of the damage.

Comment

Act like a tree and leaf it alone

Comment

I had 8 acres of oaks,and Pecans get devastated by the 2012 "wet" snow storm..13" of it.You would have thought a tornado hit that place..I cut the limbs with a chainsaw,and in 2 years you'd have thought I fed those trees with steroids.

Comment

Working...
                  X