Generac 8000 generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generac 8000 generator

Can you run a house on a generac 8000 generator?

Originally posted by mtman View Post
    Short answer, Yes.

Long answer, gonna depend on the size of the house.

Comment

Whole house? No.

8000W only equates to 33 amps @ 240V.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

go here and it will tell how much watts and amps you need......https://www.electricgeneratorsdirect...enerators.html

Comment

My next door neighbor is running part of his house on a 9500 watt. He’s able to run the downstairs furnace, lights, and his well. I’m leaning towards a 12,000 dual fuel to back feed my panel with instead of a whole house system. Would take a lot of storms to offset the cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Guys it depends what you want to run. I’m running everything minus electric stove/oven and two outside ac compressors on a 6500 watt Honda. With a little bit of regard to conservation power will go a long way.

Comment

I'm running a 6500 off the 30amp wired to my panel.
              Heater, fridge, freezer, TV and lights are on. Been running like that since Sunday. I have a 2800sqft house

Comment

Do not go with Generac. I've heard nothing but bad things.

Two folks I know had the house system by Generac installed in Lafayette for post hurricane power. The generators would not run on each home.

Talking to my Dad, who is researching home generators, said he's read the same thing. They seem to be turning out bad products.

He's looking at a Cummings.

Comment

Following. They should make a killing after all this. If they work...

Comment

What is the most reliable backup power source? Natural gas? Solar? Diesel? I've been looking into these as well but haven't bit the bullet yet.

Lee

Comment

I have a Honda EU7000iS that powers my cabin. I run it on gas, but may convert it to run on propane, since all my other appliances run on propane.

Comment

Originally posted by mtman View Post

If you have natural gas appliances, yes. My in-laws have a 3,000sq/ft house, one a/c unit. We ran the entire house AND A/C During Ike and Harvey with a 8000watt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have the Generac 6500 and it will run my whole house minus the AC, Pool, Spa and Oven.

Comment

My neighbor is running his oven, lights and general power with his 6500. He has natural gas heater though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ebby View Post
                              What is the most reliable backup power source? Natural gas? Solar? Diesel? I've been looking into these as well but haven't bit the bullet yet.

Lee
                              A big propane tank in your backyard or diesel. Anything else you will have to rely on somebody else to do their job. And we have seen this week they do not often meet our expectations. If you have propane and it is full you are good to go. Be sure to see how many gallons a day you will burn at full power so you can size your propane or diesel tank accordingly

Comment

Working...
                              X