Austin poker clubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Austin poker clubs

Anyone play poker at one of the poker clubs in Austin area?

These are not illegal house games. They are actually business, mostly leased in strip centers.

Texas Card House
    The Lodge (I play here the most)
    Full House Card Room

Look them up. No rake but you pay a club membership hourly rate to be inside which is usually 8-10 per hour. I believe all are BYOB and must be 21.

No one? Or are you playing poker right now?

Comment

Planning a home game for this Saturday... No rake, not illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
        Planning a home game for this Saturday... No rake, not illegal.
        I've known of and played in lots of home games. Never heard of one getting busted in the last 15 years.

So home games with rakes may be illegal but the law ignores them from what I see. We even had a LEO or two playing in a few of them.

And a couple got robbed over the years and nothing was ever even said to owner about it being illegal. With the new business where poker is highly visible as being legal they should really not care about home games at all.

Comment

what happened to the comments in this thread..weird.

Comment

This is not the San Antonio Poker thread. I started an Austin thread.

Comment

Naaaaa......

Comment

I'm all in. Just kidding

Comment

Originally posted by merlin View Post
                  I'm all in. Just kidding
                  Verbal is binding

Comment

Where do you get the extra money for poker? Government assistance?

Hi Rat!

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                      Where do you get the extra money for poker? Government assistance?

Hi Rat!
                      Yep, from my welfare check. And then since I've never worked a day in my life I also claim social security and use that money also

Plus I stand on the intersection corner and my sign reads "I suck at poker, now I'm hungry" I mean being a gambler is a mental disease so people should feel sorry for me and donate money.

Comment

Poker games are fine until the neighbors get involved is my experience. Just words of advice. Mke sure your guests are courteous as far as parking. Dont litter in anyones yard. Should never have a problem. Of course some folks have Karen the Maskhole neighbor and she is calling 911 anyway. And LE has to respond when someone calls 911.

Comment

I have never heard of a “home game getting busted”. That’s got to be comical.

Comment

Most home games are gone now that there are the clubs where you an play poker.

Comment

Ive had to respond. Go clear up parking issues and mostly just tell the owner he is gonna have to plan around his nosy neighbor but that was about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X