Beard to Texas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Says it better than I could....

Now that he's departed Lubbock for Austin, we can safely say that the rhetoric Chris Beard spewed over the last five years was nothing but malarkey.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      Meh, they are certainly not an all time top 10 program. Maybe not top 20. However the name and logo are well known nationwide. Put the Texas logo or Bevo on the screen and everyone knows who it is. Put Raider Red up and everyone thinks it's Yosemite Sam.

Texas is a much bigger draw for ratings than Tech in any sport.

Texas fans know the basketball program has been down just like football. Hoping the new coaches can right the ship. Hoping Del Conte can mirror Dodd's success. He has made some good hires so far.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

You are correct. Not too many Red Raider T-shirt fans. I kinda like it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Bdunn View Post
        You are correct. Not too many Red Raider T-shirt fans. I kinda like it that way.
        LMAO! Suck it up buttercup. Time heals all wounds.

Comment

Originally posted by raider19 View Post
          Hate to break it to you, Texas is not a national brand in basketball. I know it's hard for you guys to admit that. They do less with their talent than anyone in the country

That’s why they just took your coach.

You gonna be ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang man. That article is some serious butthurt. He is certainly not the first coach to ever leave after saying they were perfectly happy where they were. Sheesh. Get over it. If Tech is that great of a program then they will get another good coach and be right back in the final 4 right? No reason for them to not continue to be better than Texas.

Comment

Apparently it wasn't about money at all. Can't wait to hear scorned Tech fan's spin on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bdunn View Post

So you take pride in the possibility that your university is so unlikable that only alums are or should be fans ?....

For a school that hates every fiber of Aggies’ body, that is very Aggy of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  So you take pride in the possibility that your university is so unlikable that only alums are or should be fans ?....

Rent free!

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                    Rent free!

No rent payable on a 1939 apartment...

Comment

He'll wind up regretting it.

Comment

Sand Aggy.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                          Apparently it wasn't about money at all. Can't wait to hear scorned Tech fan's spin on this.

Pot head!

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                            Pot head!
                            Huh?

Comment

Move on everyone. This kind of conversation , which seems to be the norm for everything now, has no value and does nothing but anger folks. Beard is a UT alum. It should come as no surprise he went back when given the opportunity. I’m a Red Raider and it hurts but that’s sports. Contracts are worthless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just take pride in knowing Walmart didn’t create our fan base

I kid I kid there’s plenty of T-shirt Tech fans too depending on where you live. I still give ags the most obnoxious award though haha

I completely understand Beards move even if I don’t like it

Comment

Working...
                                X