Enslaved by Debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
    Great post. We have been debt free for over 6 years now and it is nice..

The amount of debt that people are comfortable living in these days is mind boggling..
    Yes sir it truly is mind boggling
    I have friends in my shoes we’ll pass 300k
    And have NO plan..

Be blessed

Comment

Truth!
      Einstein said compounding interest is the eighth wonder of the world. Those who understand it, earn it. Those who do not understand it, pay it.
      Good post brother bill

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I sure wish my parents would have taught me about money. They didn't teach me a thing, and looking back not sure they knew what they were doing as well. It took me to hit rock bottom financially around the age of 30 to learn for myself. I have recently ventured down the path on living a minimalist lifestyle. And one of the benefits of this among many is not wasting money and acquiring more debt on useless junk.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
          I sure wish my parents would have taught me about money. They didn't teach me a thing, and looking back not sure they knew what they were doing as well. It took me to hit rock bottom financially around the age of 30 to learn for myself. I have recently ventured down the path on living a minimalist lifestyle. And one of the benefits of this among many is not wasting money and acquiring more debt on useless junk.
          Stuff will get you in trouble

Comment

Reality Check !

Comment

All you say is true. But, you can also be enslaved by too much money. I know some who spend all their time and get super stressed just managing it. They are some miserable people.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                Truth!
                Einstein said compounding interest is the eighth wonder of the world. Those who understand it, earn it. Those who do not understand it, pay it.
                Good post brother bill

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                ^^^ Bingo^^^

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                Bro Bill, I don't know too many 23 yr olds that can pay cash for a house, yet it is probably the best investment they will ever make. What say you?
                They need to consider renting cost versus buying cost to see how they can break even or get ahead.

Comment

Great message Bro Bill. We’re in the process of downsizing at the moment. Bigger house than we need now that the kids are almost out, no need to maintain and pay outrageous property taxes either. Will be nice to not have the overhead.

Comment

Thanks Bro. Bill

Comment

Need.....not wants!

Thanks for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                        My parents didn't talk about money that much with us and I made my mistakes when I was younger. I'm trying to do better by my kid.

Comment

Its simple math. If you have $1,000,000 in your 401K and you owe $1,000,000 you are actually still in the hole by a minimum of $300,000 and that is guessing on the tax rate because who knows what it will be anymore, in the near future..

Comment

Good one today Bro Bill.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                              Its simple math. If you have $1,000,000 in your 401K and you owe $1,000,000 you are actually still in the hole by a minimum of $300,000 and that is guessing on the tax rate because who knows what it will be anymore, in the near future..
                              What’s a 401k,joke!

Comment

yes, agree a ton with this. We had to dig ourselves out from young age due to mistakes but are very close. In about 90-120 days we will just have our home and 1.5 cars debt wise. The cars are tough bc we both drive so much for work, and are required to get newer (I think 2018 or newer) for our jobs.

Comment

Working...
                                X