Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RV plumbing damage from freeze. Next steps ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yall have me thinking that I need to check mine out. We're going camping next week for spring break. I drained everything, left faucets open, and drained the hot water heater. Normally thats all I do and its fine so we'll see if it worked for this storm. May have to try to check it out later this week.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      No it doesn’t. I opened the vent , pulled LP drains and opened every faucet. When it stopped draining I pulled plug from water heater and it was still full
      Mine doesnt work like that if I open all of my fixtures, the pressure relief valve and the low water drains.

Comment

I thought my hot water heater had busted from a 3-day freeze in the teens a couple of years ago. I had water leaking out under hot water heater. After I pulled out hot water heater I found out it was the outdoor faucet located right next to hot water heater leaking and water was leaking out under hot water heater. Replaced faucet and done. I have been opening all my faucets and blowing out with air sense. This go round my toilet valve busted. Easy fix but had to order part in.

Comment

I replaced my element but still had a leak. I went ahead and pulled it out last night. For sure a result of the freeze. Small crack in the weld. Ugh! Taking it to a welder today, hopefully it can be fixed. Fun stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Does the insurance coverage on your rv’s not cover some of these issues?

Comment

Found my water pump cracked yesterday...and I have the 3X insulation package for cold weather.....

Hmmmmm

Comment

Im ostriching on my camper...for now. Itll become front burner soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
                  I replaced my element but still had a leak. I went ahead and pulled it out last night. For sure a result of the freeze. Small crack in the weld. Ugh! Taking it to a welder today, hopefully it can be fixed. Fun stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Take it to a radiator shop.

Comment

I have it at a shop, supposed to have it back to me on Friday.

Comment

Working...
                    X