No announcement yet.

***18 Days to Kill Iowa/Kansas Live!!!***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sun is over the horizon. Mallards are sounding off in a nearby pond. It’s a beautiful morning.

3 does just fed thru. Could have spit on them.
    All three threw their heads up looking across the creek only to see a little dink heading toward them. He probably has them crossing the county like by now.

Kade text and had his target buck at 150 yards. No shot opportunity yet. Hoping he can execute.

Got that fresh Doe pee dispenser in action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Chin up! Good luck to you both

Comment

Definitely not the update I want to type up, but it’s a live hunt, so...

I’m enjoying the morning when I hear a buck grunt behind me, same direction the 3 does came from. I turn around and throw the binos up and see Yardstick headed my way. I cut my camera on, cut the Tactacam on. He is reading the script perfect. Trail comes right under me.
        He gets to the creek. Goes to cross, and I draw my bow. I guess he saw me draw and locks up, turns and goes 20 yards to my West and stops in a perfect opening, standings slightly quartered away from me. I settle in and squeeze off. I hear a loud metallic sound and watch in horror as my arrow fish tails wildly and hits him in the hock of his back leg. He runs out into the field 125 yards away and stands there for 20-30 minutes and then calmly walks out of sight headed South.
        In panic mode after he spooked, I never looked at my bow hanger. I simulated the whole scenario, drawing my bow and aiming in the exact spot and that’s exactly what happened.
        I’m wearing a ball cap and couldn’t see it while aiming.

I am beyond sick to my stomach. Would have been my personal best buck.
        If it can got wrong in bow hunting, it will. I guess.

Red dot is where he was standing.

Comment

good luck, Im living vicariously through you while I'm at work.

Comment

tough break! reminds me of when my bow string hung my binos while shooting at a kansas buck!

Comment

Sorry to hear that.

Comment

Dang that hurts!

He will be back

Comment

Ouch hang in there it is gonna happen

Comment

Man I feel your pain! Keep your head up and hopefully you will get another opportunity!

Comment

He's got one thing on his mind, and a little cut on his hock ain't it. He's not going far. Y'all will see him again in the next 24 hrs running does. That was just God giving you an extra adrenaline dump for the trip.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow!! Hang tough it's the rut no telling what could walk by up there!

Comment

Bummer. It's the rut so no telling what happens

Comment

Hang tough and keep your chin up Heath!! If one of those does are hot, he'll be back!!

Comment

You are earning this one my friend, stay with it!

Comment

Will just make it more special when you kill him.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X