Texas justice gone wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is going on with our state? Texas use to put criminals away. Now they are letting them walk free.
    Here a college student is convicted of reap and gets a slap on the wrist.https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/n...ity-party-rape
    Then a man cuts someone up and puts body parts on a back yard grill. The victim's cousin helps and testified but the man is found not guilty! https://abc13.com/not-guilty-verdict...tonio/4890455/
    I could see this if was in California but I just don't understand this is happening in this great state.

It’s all those “Blue” counties

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Rapist kicked out of UTD yesterday. Will not be allowed to graduate. School says it wasn't aware of previous history. Sickening. Messed up on so many levels.

Comment

Getting kicked out of school is not good enough.

Comment

The accusation of rape isn’t enough to be considered guilty.

Comment

Not sure about that gang banger in SA that was found not guilty today---it was a second trial I believe and the first one was a hung jury. Could it be that the perp and his homies got to the jury members?

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
              It’s all those “Blue” counties

This is the only correct answer.

The guy who had a shootout with 3 LE officers was out on bond for holding a pistol to his girlfriend's head. He'd already been to prison.

Couple weeks ago a guy killed his girlfriend just weeks ago he was released from prison.....for killing his last wife

I could go on and on

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                Rapist kicked out of UTD yesterday. Will not be allowed to graduate. School says it wasn't aware of previous history. Sickening. Messed up on so many levels.

Rapist? Guess I missed the part where he was convicted of rape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That could be. I was just foreman on a jury where a drug dealer was on film selling drugs to a DEA agent. All the jury members felt he was guilty except for one elderly woman. I ask her why she felt he was innocent and her answer was "I'm afraid he will come after me if I find him guilty".

Comment

The first one. remember when Waco cops played judge, jury, and executioner and shot innocent bikers? Yea nothing surprises me there

And Baylor money strong. College towns hide things. Theres a lot of crime that happens in San Marcos that no one hears about just so people don't get scared and stop sending their kids.

Follow the money.. anywhere you are

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm sure it happens but just think how you would feel if something like that happened to one of your friends or love ones. I would want more justice.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        Rapist? Guess I missed the part where he was convicted of rape.

Without getting into a cyber urinating match: Not being convicted of rape, does not mean a rapist is not a rapist. Anymore than a poacher not being convicted of poaching, does not mean he's not a poacher. (Very poor wording.)

Comment

I guess I should not have said "convicted of rape".

Comment

I am trying to withhold judgement on the Baylor guy until I know more, although we may never know more. The judge accepted a plea - no admission of guilt - but did he not contest the charges. There is a reason the judge accepted that plea. It could be I suppose, that he does not care about girls getting raped. (Hard to imagine) More likely he felt the evidence was so weak that he felt a jury would not convict. If the kid did what he is accused of he should be imprisoned. The media/twitter/UTD mob doesn’t not know any more than I do what happened in that court room

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                              Without getting into a cyber urinating match: Not being convicted of rape, does not mean a rapist is not a rapist. Anymore than a poacher not being convicted of poaching, does not mean he's not a poacher. (Very poor wording.)

If there had been enough evidence it would have gone to trial.

I still believe in innocent until proven guilty. Apparently lots of folks don’t these days.

Comment

Working...
                              X