Nissan Titan XD 4WD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nissan Titan XD 4WD

Any opinions on the truck or drivetrain? Any own one? WhAt do y’all think about them? Tired of waiting for Toyota to bring one to
    The states.

Originally posted by Killem all View Post
    Any opinions on the truck or drivetrain? Any own one? WhAt do y’all think about them? Tired of waiting for Toyota to bring one to
    The states.
    I own a 2018 Titan 4wd, but not an XD. This is my second Titan because of the outstanding engine and drive train. Hopefully you will get feedback from people that actually own them and not expert opinions from those that read specs from a catalog. Good luck with your request.

Comment

I've been test driving them for a while trying to get a feel and I've had good ones and bad ones. Turbo lag is really long. Also test drove one and the transmission just didn't feel right.

The seats did feel great and I felt for the Money the inside wasn't bad. I don't think you can fully delete them as the warranty doesn't cover the exhaust system and that will fail. If you can fully delete it do it ASAP and it will extend the life. Also the fuel Mileage was on par with the Tundra and if that's true might as well get a Tundra as it'll be more reliable. But after delete it should get better.

If I where to get a Cummins I'd go 6.7 Cummins not 5.0. Just my opinion. They would have been better off with an inline 6 4.0 Cummins or something that got decent mpg and towed better then ecodiesel.

Comment

buddy of mine has one and loves it. he has owned many trucks and says this is his favorite. I don't always need a diesel like I used to but liked the in between 1/2 and 3/4 ton capabilities of the truck and looked real hard but something about the looks just doesn't trip my trigger as hard as I tried to like em I just went back to a F250 just went gas this time after 20 yrs of diesels

Comment

I wanted one till I drove it. Just didn’t have the power I was hoping for. Ended up buying the Powerstroke.
          Had the gas engine option been out at the time I may have bought one. My wife has the 2011 Armada with the 5.6 v8. It has 130k miles on it, and has never been in the shop. Nissan makes good vehicles.

Comment

I own a 2017 Titan with gas V8. Love it, and has plenty of power and it has average mileage. My son works with Nissan USA and does project builds and social media events with them. He has 4 right now, two Titan XD diesel, one Titan XD gas, and one Titan. I’ve driven them all cross country from Nashville and love them. Use my 10,000 lb toy hauler to test pulling power and loaded mileage.

Comment

Just really wondering if its worth trading in my Tundra

Comment

Theres a thread here someplace with lots of owners with the diesel. Im not lookin for a truck but if I was, I would be driving one to see

Comment

Got rid of my 17 Titan XD a week ago. Could not keep it out of the shop. I have to say that this was my favorite truck of all time but I could not trust it.

Comment

Was it emissions related stuff? Kinda figured that would be the death of this truck. Also regens killing MPG

Originally posted by ecallarman View Post
                    Got rid of my 17 Titan XD a week ago. Could not keep it out of the shop. I have to say that this was my favorite truck of all time but I could not trust it.

Comment

Drove the truck and loved it, just parting with a Tundra is hard to do. The papers are ready for me to sign I just cant make a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
                        Was it emissions related stuff? Kinda figured that would be the death of this truck. Also regens killing MPG
                        #1- Intellikey system came unplugged somehow. Left me stranded 437 miles from home and 90 miles from nearest dealer.
                        #2- EGR valve solenoid failure. Left me stranded 437 miles from home and 90 miles from nearest dealer.
                        #3- DEF system warning light. Took to dealer and they said nothing was wrong with it.
                        #4- Traded it in and went back to a Tundra. Toyota dealer has had it in the Nissan shop every since they took it in on trade- low fuel pressure warning.

32,000 miles on it when I traded it in. I really loved the truck but just couldn't trust it for long trips.
                        Last edited by ecallarman; 11-29-2018, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Tundra owner here and have 187,000 miles and replaced the belt tension pulley. Not a chance I'm trading in on a nissan cummins unless I really need the extra pulling power, which I deem not worth it being there is no true delete kit for 5.0 yet.

Originally posted by Killem all View Post
                          Drove the truck and loved it, just parting with a Tundra is hard to do. The papers are ready for me to sign I just cant make a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                            Tundra owner here and have 187,000 miles and replaced the belt tension pulley. Not a chance I'm trading in on a nissan cummins unless I really need the extra pulling power, which I deem not worth it being there is no true delete kit for 5.0 yet.
                            Oh I fully understand. Been in a Yota since 96 with the exception of a Ford in 2005 ( didn’t keep it a year).

Comment

I'm in a 17 XD pro4x diesel. I've got 47k miles on it. I own a concrete company and don't hesitate to use it. It has a trailer behind it constantly as well as pulling my airboat etc. Had a def pump issue with less than 5k miles and no problems since.

Sent from my SM-J737U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X