First ever pig pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First ever pig pic

We have fed/hunted roughly 20 acres of creek bottoms blow my parents for 20+ years without ever seeing pigs. They’ve been loaded with them 1 mile north and 1/2 mile south of us for years. Pulled cards yesterday and caught this big boar roaming. Kind of excited but bummed at the same time…

Wont be long he will be emptying that cheap little academy feeder haha

Comment

Congratulations / my condolences. It's hard to believe you didn't already have them. Suddenly, that little feeder looks to be in danger.

Comment

This is not a good thing unless you can get in there an kill him quick!! He'll tear that feeder up in no time. I have a lease in Devers Tx and one in Mason. The pigs are worse in Mason this year for some reason. They've already pushed my feed pens down twice and totally destroyed one All Seasons Feeder and I'm 5 hours away so it's not a quick trip to fix everything.

Comment

Yep better snipe him or your feeder will be toast

I bought one of those gravity feed tubes from Academy & install it on one of my tripods. Set it 42” high from ground. Three days later big boar bent one of the 3-way openings with his teeth. Needless to say he got sniped shortly thereafter

Comment

You have beaten the odds for 20 yrs......kill every one yall see every chance you get. NEVER pass up a chance to kill a pig. Hopefully you can keep them to a minimum

** and like posted above, your feeder set up is in grave danger **

Comment

Sorry for your misfortune. Better get him quickly.

Comment

What they ^^^^^ said !

Comment

We've been able to use those cheap feeders for years without a problem, looks like those days are over! Any pig I see will get arrowed for sure.

Comment

What does the hold 3.5 bags of protein? Would be filling every 5-6 days for me haha

Comment

Rip cheap feeder

Comment

yuck........hate those bastages!!!

Comment

Your feeder is on the ground now.

Comment

You be glad when that little feeder on laying on the ground and flattened.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL71 View Post
                              Your feeder is on the ground now.
                              Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
                              You be glad when that little feeder on laying on the ground and flattened.
                              Already started building a new one today. Ain't my first rodeo with pigs, just on this little place

Comment

Working...
                              X