Two weeks out and they are now at war??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two weeks out and they are now at war??

Well my Tajikistan hunt is 2 weeks out and they are now at war with Kyrgyzstan. Wife is ****** off, not sure how its gonna play out but i guess we will see.

Man that sucks to hear. Hope you can get over there!

Comment

I bet you'll be okay and will get it done without a hiccup but I'm sure there will be some stress. Seems that part of the world is in a perpetual war.

Comment

What you hunting and who you going with? My buddy is going next year, i think he is chasing Ibex.

Comment

It isn’t looking real bad at the moment. Putin to the rescue.

Comment

Seems like that would be an inherent risk for any travel ton of the “Stan” nations. Hope you have a travel insurance policy

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Surprised the State Department hasn't issued a travel warning yet.

Comment

I checked the State Dept website for travel warnings back when you first mentioned going and Kyrgyzstan was indicated at Risk Level 1 (lowest risk level). You can’t tell me that this skirmish came as a surprise to Secretary of State’s and you won’t convince that, with armed conflict nearby, the risk level is low.

It’s getting to be that you can’t even trust what the government tells you anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                  It’s getting to be that you can’t even trust what the government tells you anymore!
                  ^^^ this was sarcastic right??

Comment

Man that stinks, hopefully you can get your hunt in. I’m sure your aware bullet dancing is always a possibility, while hunting that part of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                      Well my Tajikistan hunt is 2 weeks out and they are now at war with Kyrgyzstan. Wife is ****** off, not sure how its gonna play out but i guess we will see.
                      Take kevlar and join the fight

Comment

Those pesky wars interfering with our vacations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You will be armed, so no worry!

Comment

man that is sure to make the wife uncomfortable for sure. I dealt with it when I hunted old Mexico and the cartels at the border.

I have a friend in Kyrg right now, and they should be back before you leave. I will see what Info I can get from him before you leave. I think it goes without saying that the "Stan" area is always politically unstable, but once you get past the airports and Gov't paperwork (bribes), the people are typically salt of the earth and high quality. The same goes for Africa.

Comment

Sorry to hear this…hopefully you will get to go on your hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X