Favorite Dutch oven recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Dutch oven recipes?

Maybe this could come in handy when cooler weather arrives.

I don’t have a favorite recipe yet but do enjoy fideo. This version is much like a thick soup with potatoes and ground beef in it. Very cheesy.
    Last edited by MontagueMech; 08-12-2022, 01:12 PM.

Peach Cobbler

I have made this several time but not in a while. It is easy and really good.

1- Empty large can of peaches in Dutch oven.
    1- Yellow cake mix poured on top of peaches. (Do not mix. Just sprinkle cake mix on top)
    1- Stick of butter or margarine. Cut into 1/4 inch slices and distribute evenly on top of cake mix.
    Sprinkle cinnamon on top (optional)
    Line the oven with foil (optional.

12 charcoals underneath Dutch oven and 24 charcoals on top of lid.
    Cook for 45 minutes then set off of coals and crack the lid slightly 15 minutes.
    Total cooking time is 1 hour.
    Attached Files

Comment

Cobbler of any type. Take and I are pretty close on recipes. Follow his.

Comment

Side note. Take measures charcoal numbers. I wing it. When I can smell the goodness escaping. I remove from heat and leave lid closed for 30 ish minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
          Peach Cobbler

1- Yellow cake mix poured on top of peaches. (Do not mix. Just sprinkle cake mix on top)
          1- Stick of butter or margarine. Cut into 1/4 inch slices and distribute evenly on top of cake mix.

Cook for 45 minutes then set off of coals and crack the lid slightly 15 minutes.
          https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...1&d=1660343535

Good ol Boy Scout recipe there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For enameled durch oven; I do carnitas, cube up pork butt / shoulder, season with something a bit spicy, pour in Dr Pepper or coke or barqs rootbeer just to half the depth of meat. Cover and cook 250 3hrs ish, then uncover and broil 7 min. Get some fresh tortillas and guacamole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
              Peach Cobbler

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...1&d=1660343535

This is where my mind went when clicking on the thread.

Comment

I do carmel rolls often.

Roll a loaf of frozen bread dough put flat. Add pats of butter and brown sugar. Roll up tight and cut into 1" thick pieces. Line the Dutch Oven with aluminum foil (for ease of clean-up) and put the pieces in, evenly spaced. Add more brown sugar and a bit of milk. Cook at 350° until golden brown & serve warm.

I have a picture of the finished product but it won't let me upload it.

Comment

I have a Dutch oven without legs that I use in the house just as much as I do with fire. Last night I made Shepherds Pie in it with this recipe and it was great.

The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie -AKA Shepards Pie or Cottage Pie. Ground Beef (or lamb) & veggies in rich gravy, topped with cheesy mashed potatoes, & baked

Comment

The Peach Cobbler was the major dish made at Scout camp along with stew in the little scout cookware. Looking forward for more recipes.

Comment

Carne guisada and pan de campo

Comment

This Spanish-inspired stew was designed for busy weeknights when you need a healthy dinner on the table in 30 minutes. The recipe is pretty versatile, as it works with your choice of ground meat and a shelf-stable starch such as couscous. It’s a different approach to incorporating ground meat into...

Made this the other night on the stove. Used baby spinach instead of kale

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                          https://www.themeateater.com/wild-an...er-soup-recipe

Made this the other night on the stove. Used baby spinach instead of kale
                          How was it? Recipe and picture look solid

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
                            How was it? Recipe and picture look solid
                            I have no complaints. Wife liked it as well

Comment

following.

Comment

Working...
                              X