No announcement yet.

Oyster Bars...raw oysters served!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They’re raised in salt water and we have plenty of that?

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
      Well crap...there's a sign the world's ending.
      Some folks acted like it was.

Comment

Can’t beat grilled.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
          Can’t beat grilled.
          Ever had 'em smoked? Outstanding!

Comment

Oyster Bars...raw oysters served!

Don’t worry guys I got you. I also just met with the Secret Oyster Society Brotherhood (SOSB) and they gave me the 411.

Don’t spread this around but Oysters gonna be expensive. Shhhhhhhhhhhh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by Ætheling; 08-03-2022, 06:09 PM.

Comment

OKTX - that’s where you are incorrect- The lack of fresh water in bay systems is gonna be problems

Comment

That does it. This thread is worthless and I’ve got better things to do with my time. I’m not coming back.

Comment

Come on Leemo. Wassup?

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                    OKTX - that’s where you are incorrect- The lack of fresh water in bay systems is gonna be problems
                    Well I’m all out of guesses…

Comment

The general oyster season in Texas historically has always opened on November 1st and has normally closed on May 1.... whether or not it will “open” is still in the air and probably will be voted on in the next few weeks, several factors as to why or why not is still at play, lease holders(Galveston boys) are not affected by any changes, HB 1300 was passed a couple years ago which allows for a person or entity to apply for a lease to grow (mariculture) oysters, I helped initiate the bill and was extremely excited to become involved with the permitting process, then Covid hit, I did not want to invest in any new venture in a market(restaurant) that seemed volatile at the time, as of today, there are 3 permits issued, and currently several more seeking permits. I will be applying for my permit in the next few weeks for East Matagorda Bay, farm site will be west of Old Gulf cut approximately 2 miles down the north shore, total site will be 5 acres....I will list the exact GPS coordinates for public comment . The oysters raised will be for the half shell market only, I will take broodstock from the bay to a approved hatchery where they will be spawned ...... the result will be a Triploid oyster which is sterile and has an extremely high growth rate, since no energy of the oyster is spent in reproduction, the oyster will be “fat” even in the warm summer months , I’ll keep any interested party informed, hoping to pair up with several oyster bars to sell the product

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                        Some folks acted like it was.
                        Might as well have $20 jars of peanut butter to complain about...fact the frick'n seafood is starting to surpass the cost of top shelf beef is 'concerning'!!

I fear the worst unless leemo is holding all the cards.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                          Last time I was in sea drift the locals where trying to sell oyster with “salt ulcers” on them , yuck yuck no thanks

I assume oysters are bad this year and probably needed a break in that area anyway
                          Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 08-03-2022, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Y’all get this crap fixed before the first week of November! I need me a gallon of fresh shucked to take ocean perch fishing!!

Comment

The bar I eat em at is currently getting them from Louisiana and farmed raised ones from Virginia. The farmed raised are a alot smaller

Comment

I love eating them and if your aquaculture business can supply them to places across the state, Im happy for you to be setting up shop. Good luck on your venture and keep us posted as to how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                                X